“Wonderful dinner on the patio!”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our friend's 40th birthday in Texas wine country and enjoyed dinner here based on other reviews here on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed!
The food was very good. The patio was perfect. One of my companions said she wished her backyard was as nice as Cabernet's patio.
I enjoyed the Two Pigs Spinach Salad and the Tasso Chicken. The salad was a spectacular melange of flavors getting my meal started off right! The chicken was flavorful and the smashed potatoes were delish!
We did encounter a few snafus...first they ran out of the Pan Seared Cajun Snapper. Our server returned to deliver the bad news and recommend an alternative. Following that, our server returned again to inform us that the oven door had fallen off and her 2nd choice would not be available. After making a 3rd choice, we were surprised when he returned to tell us that another one of our choices was from the oven and wouldn't be available! Luckily that was the end of the issue! We thought maybe we would be offered some type of compensation for the trouble, maybe dessert on the house, but alas it was not offered.
I would absolutely return to Cabernet's and highly recommend it!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,763)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Go for the atmosphere, but yes, the food is fabulous,too. This is the second time I have eaten at the Cabernet Grill. This time I had the buffalo enchilada. It was huge. I tried hard to eat only half, but I wound up eating the whole thing. Yum! If you have the time, check out the cute cabins that are nearby.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This upscale restaurant has excellent food!!. It was delicious The menu included an exquisite list of wines from the hill country. This restaurant really goes over and beyond the quality of its food. Perfect location to eat with a group or as a couple.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a strip sirloin that was cooked perfect . The three cheese grits added to the flavor. I also ordered a quail side which I enjoyed. The atmosphere is unique as I think it was part of an old cotton gin. James was our waiter and did an excellent job. I don't remember what my wife had but she was pleased with her meal. We then had the cheese cake desert which again was very good. It is worthy of going again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I dined here recently to celebrate her most recent 29th birthday. It was, as always, a delightful dining experience. Our reservations were for 7 and we were promptly seated inside. James, our waiter, was friendly and efficient. My wife enjoyed her Cosmo and I my Shiraz. We shared a lump crab appetizer that was delicious. She had the coconut shrimp tossed in a 5 pepper glace with a spicy red onion jalapeno slaw, while I had the egg plant pirogue, a hollow crispy fried egg plant filled with a blue crab and jumbo shrimp AuGratin and a side of three cheese grits. If you like egg plant, this is not to be missed, amazing! The birthday girl was treated to a slice of turtle pecan cheesecake, complete with candle and thankfully, no singing.

The restaurant is located at the edge of town, on Hwy. 16 South (the Kerrville highway) just across from the Racebarn and fairgrounds entrance. It is a nice place to escape the crowds on Fredericksburg's Main Street. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of food and service.