“My favorit restaurant in Fredericksburg, Texas”

Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 16, 2008

My husband and I were in Fredericksburg for the first time over the holidays. We enjoyed several dining experiences while there. None came close to topping our experience at Cotton Gin Restaurant. We shared a buffet on our first trip there. The Chicken Dumpling Soup was very delicious. The complimentary cookies were warm from the oven and tasty. We returned later in the week for dinner which consisted of steak, pork tenderloin and broil stuffed quail. Oh my! Beyond words delicious. We will include the Cotton Gin on our list of attractions for future visits.

Reviewed January 15, 2008

My wife and I were in Frederickburg for the weekend and just HAPPEN to stop in to eat dinner at The Cotton Gin for the evening.
We were VERY impressed with the ambiance,decor and selection of food & wines (VERY EXTENSIVE). We thought the prices were equal to fine restaurants in larger cities.
The service staff especially our waitress Lauren were exceptional.
I can assure anyone that my family will be back many times and we are already telling ALL of our friends.
Thanks to everyone at The Cotton Gin for a great evening.

Reviewed January 9, 2008

We truly enjoyed all aspects of our dining experience. The food excellent, the atmosphere very relaxing and the resturant and surround grounds beautiful. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. He was a geat help in helping us decide on our selections. I would recommend your restruant to all and we will definently visit you again on our next trip to Fredericksburg. Thank you for a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed January 8, 2008

We have eaten at the Cotton Gin Restaurant several times in the past and would have considered it so-so. Nice place to eat but not first on the list. I can't tell you the last time we ate there.
We were given a gift certificate for the Cotton Gin and decided we'd better use it before it expired. We were expecting about the same in regards to the meal, service, atmosphere and we couldn't have been more wrong.
The menu was superb. The variety and choices were something we did not expect. We wanted to start from the top and go down the list, tasting each one, have what we couldn't taste put in 'take home' boxes to finish later. We had the most difficult time deciding what to order. Luckily, the three of us each ordered something different so we could each try the others' entree.
The wine list was complete with a tremendous selection of local wines as well as others to tempt us further. Then there was dessert which we had to split as it was too big a serving for us to each have our own.
The wait staff was very attentive, something else we did not expect. Our glasses were always full, we never had to wait for anything. They were polite and courteous.
We will definitely go back and highly recommend the Cotton Gin. It's not what you expect. It's more. And then some.

3  Thank PlayByDay
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This trip to Fredericksburg was a Christmas/Birthday present from my husband. We stayed at the Grist Mill cabin next door to the Cotton Gin.

I chose the Cotton Gin for my Birthday Dinner and it was an exceptional place to eat. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The decor was perfect, I felt like I was back in the late 1800's. Both my Husband and myself thought the food was exceptional. Our waitress Elizabeth and the Manager gave me the Creme Broule I ordered to me on the house as my Birthday present from them.

We will definately eat at the Cotton Gin again. We will also be staying in one the their cabins also.

Pat and Diane Vroenen