“Disposable glassware at these prices?”

Der Lindenbaum Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
VENUS
“Disposable glassware at these prices?”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The food was fairly good, but I can't believe they cannot afford glassware or a dishwasher at these prices! Plates were plastic, but even worse, I don't like drinking my beer from a plastic disposable cup in a nice restaurant! My first beer arrived halfway through my meal, and then it was about 35 - 40% foam.

Just "so-so." If I went again, I would make another choice.

Giddings, Texas, United States
“It was just okay !”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We ate here for lunch on a Friday, arrived at 11:30 am right when they opened. Was very well clean, nice cozy and food didnt take long. However, the menu we read online they were not using . The waiter said that is the non busy menu ...? Never heard of that before. Internet didnt tell u that either. So, we ordered the normal breaded veal which came with sweet potato salad and red cabbage. The veal was the only thing that I really ate. My Hubby at the veal and potatoes. Ur drink is servered in plastic cup. And when I asked the waiter if they had gravy or ketcup he simply said No. That was it. So, not very freindly and I wouldn't go back here again. I guess because I lived in Vilseck, Germany for 2 yrs I was hoping for more..!! Was just okay, could have had a better lunch for less money .

Clinton, Tennessee
“Good German”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very good and not a long wait for food. Get there when they open or you might not get in. (May have to wait a while if they are running late).

Visited April 2013
Keller, Texas
“Great German food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We loved the hot German potato salad and sauerkraut. My husband had a wonderful thick pork chop, and I enjoyed the sausage. The sides made the meal, though. We also had great desserts, and the coffee was cinnamon flavored and wonderful!

Visited April 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Delicious German cuisine but not for a light lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

In order to stay on schedule, we had lunch here. There was no luncheon menu, so we ended up with full meals that were a bit much for the midday. The food is wonderful. I had the Jager Schnitzel and my husband had the bratwurst. The hot German potato salad is delicious! The restaurant is on Main Street just down from the Admiral Nimitz Museum. Don't miss this wonderful restaurant, but save it for your evening meal or share an entrée. Be aware -- they don't accept Visa or MasterCard or bank debit cards, so be sure to bring cash or your checkbook or Discover Card.