“Fair at best!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is supposed to be a German restaurant but has taken the easy route like so many of todays restaurants - open the can, heat and serve. Dumb Americans will eat anything!! This restaurant would last about two days in Germany before the local would demand some decent food. My wife had Weiner Schnitzel, it was very good - the potatoes and red cabbage only fair. I had the Kasseler Reppchen which was good but again the potato salad was only fair and the noodles (this is a German rest. and they don't serve spaetzle) were right out of a package, boiled, sprinkled with chopped onion greens and served. BAD!! I have eaten at the Der Lindebaum many times and it seems it gets a little weaker each time! This will be my last until I read some better reports. Save your money and go elsewhere - you will not be missing a great German meal. I have lived in Germany for 3 years and Switzerland for 2 so I know when the food is good and authentic.

There are newer reviews for Der Lindenbaum Restaurant

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a German town but not the best German restaurant. I didn't expect Bavarian charm but some attempt would be nice.I picked this particular restaurant because It had apfel strudel......only to find that despite their brochure they have not served it in years. the food was basic (safe) nothing to rave about.The beers were good and the Gulasch a little above average.The saving grace of the night was the waitress Vickie who bounced around and made everything alright.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A small, cozy restaurant. Good food, reasonably priced. Excellent service without being obtrusive. Good selection of real German beers. Make sure you try the pastry. Delicious!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent Food and Service. This is one of the best German resturants in Fredericksburg. The only negative is they do not take Visa or Mastercard

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I ate here for supper. We were joined by 2 others. Only 4 other people were eating there.....and yet, our service was very poor!!!! When we asked the "owner" what she recommended, she passed us off to the waitress. When we asked the waitress for her suggestions, she hurriedly wanted our order. I had the Filet Mignon, which was served with "several day old/multiply reheated" parsley potatoes. Can you say MUSH!!!!!? The lumpy brown gravy that was served over my steak was awful, at best. My husband ordered the "sausage variety" platter. (Ironically, we had been to Opas meat market earlier in the day.....and the words "authentic" chef trained PR that is in the back of der Lindenbaum's fliers is a hoax.) As all they did was take Opas meats, cook them up, and then serve them at 3 times the price. Twice we had to ask our waitress, who was seated at the table next to us, to refill our drinks...while only waiting on 4 other people. You want authentic German food, atmosphere, beer, service and an all around incredible experience....go to Bavarian Grill in Plano!!!!! It will make THIS PLACE LOOK LIKE THE FAST FOOD OF GERMAN CUISINE!!!!!!!!