“Great food!”

Ranked #48 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I came here for breakfast during a long weekend in Fredericksburg. This was our first time at Andy's and our initial impression was "meh" - pretty average looking place. It's not off Main Street and we had to go looking for it. That impression changed; however, when our food was brought out. I got the meat and cheese omelet and my husband got the Opa's sausage breakfast and both were phenomenal! A great deal of the dishes are made with local foods (Opa's sausage, for example) and the portions were so huge that we took leftovers with us. This is definitely a place that we will visit again.

1  Thank Echeverry L
There are newer reviews for Andy's Steak & Seafood Grille

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We asked the hotel clerk what he recommended for steaks or seafood, and he suggested Andy's. On Friday they have a seafood buffet--all you can eat for $18.95. We took one look and it was old fried and nasty looking. My husband ordered the pork chops (tasteless, fatty and overpriced!) and I got the catfish (old, soggy, skimpy portion). As a side, I got the "squash medley" recommended by the waitress. It was HORRIBLE soggy old zucchini. I thought a medley would be 3 kinds of summer squash or something. They bring 2 (not very warm) muffins in a basket and they don't give you butter, just whipped spread. The salad bar had some old fashioned salads that weren't bad but you only get one trip to the salad bar with a small dessert size plate. The waitress was nice, but they need to hire a decent cook. We paid an outrageous sum for LOUSY food. We won't be back, but just wanted others to be able to make an informed decision.

3  Thank 749default
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had a great meal, and our waiter Justin was a riot! He joked constantly and sang when he was not joking. The entertainment made the meal even better. Try the spinach, by far the best I have ever had!!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I worked a show all day and stopped there for dinner on my way out of town. They have generous portions and great value for your dollar. The food is great and the staff is super friendly. I will be back!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

this is the place to eat if you like seafood, because on Friday nights it is all the seafood you can eat from the buffet. they had fried, boiled shrimp, fried oysters, fried fish broiled fish and all the sides you could eat. we definately will eat here again and again