“Well.. Not so much for us.”

Andy's Steak & Seafood Grille
Ranked #45 of 144 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed April 26, 2014

In all fairness we were new to the area, hungry and our number one choice was closed, for good. And our second choice was closed for the day. We pulled into Andy's. Very local home style hang out. We are gluten free. Not the best place for "foodies" with dietary restrictions. Fair price, clean, pinto bean side was excellent. Good place if this is "your" place. Service was excellent.

We continued into Main St, and had food regrets, big time. Many great choices only blocks away.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were looking for a good meal with vegetables while visiting Fredericksburg. It was a stormy night and we did not want to drive. We walked to Andy's from Inn on Baron's Creek and had a delicious meal. There were many good vegetable choices and the homemade rolls were delicious. The staff was friendly and efficient. Loved it!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

On our trip to Fredericksburg, I researched restaurants there and so did my husband. We saw the reviews on Andy's and we thought it would be good. I do not like to write reviews that are not positive, but I have to say that we were disappointed with the food at Andy's.

The salad bar was pretty sparse, and the food was mediocre. I had grilled chicken and my husband had a hamburger. His hamburger was so overcooked, he had a hard time eating it. My chicken was very thin and not very tasty. We had read that their green beans were good, so I had those with my chicken. They were pretty good.

The one thing that was really good at Andy's were the rolls. They were hot and wonderful tasting with butter. This was the only real plus I have to give for the restaurant. The wait staff were nice and helpful, and we appreciate that. Maybe we went on the wrong day. I don't think I would go again thought.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Being the good Catholics we are :) My hubby and kids wanted to avoid eating mammalian protein on Friday because of Lent. I am always extremely leary of seafood any time it's in a landlocked area but we were recommended to go here by our hotel for their Friday seafood buffet. We were not disappointed! I have to say that after doing the "walk by" of the buffet I was less then impressed but decided to give it a go. I tried several of the non-fried fish dishes and they were ALL delicious! I am not at all a fish person so this is saying a lot. They also have homemade pie and who can say no to pie :)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you love sea food, then this the place to be on Friday nights in Fredericksburg. Gumbo is delicious and the salad bar has some great choices. The catfish, shrimp and hush puppies were great. Even though the price is a little high ($18.00), I will go back.