“One of our favorite places to eat in Fredericksburg”

Rathskeller Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 137 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
McKinney, Texas
“One of our favorite places to eat in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good selection of food, had something for everyone. Everyone's meal came out as ordered and tasted great. Fast service for lunch, which allowed us to recharge then be on our way.

Visited July 2014

League City, Texas
“breakfast was awesome”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

had the duck hash for breakfast and it was outstanding, def wish a lot more places had it on the menu...pretty cool history of the building and of course right on the main drag not to far from the shops

Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Service was not good- food was ok”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was really excited to eat here, below an old hospital- how cool! The place was really nice looking, small and dark but that added to the location. We were told to seat ourselves which we did. Someone eventually took our drink order which was simply water. When the lady brought them back we wanted to order an appetizer and let her know. She then told us she was not our waitress, she was actually not even suppose to be working. She apparently stopped by and saw they were short handed and jumped in to help. I thought this was great that their staff was so caring, but didn't realize she was going to be the best service we had all night. This nice lady did take the appetizer order and put it in for us and we would wait another 10+ min before we actually found out who our waitress was. The place wasn't OVERLY busy but it wasn't slow either. So I get she is busy and had her hands full, however this does not make it ok to be short, rude or nonexistent with us.
Our waitress FINALLY came and took our order, she wasn't friendly, she didn't apologize for not coming by for the first 20 min of us sitting there, she wasn't personable at all.
I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, green beans and cheese potatoes. My husband ordered a sausage meal. The food came out hot and it was decent enough. I really liked my food, my husband wasn't too impressed but we ate it all.
The food wasn't my big issue here, it was the lack of everything with the staff. There were a few times I tried to get our waitress' attention and she simply looked through me or would come assist another table and not check on us. We had to wait a while for water refills, our check....pretty much anything we needed it was a fight to get. Again, I understand she was busy but that's NO excuse to be rude. She is a waitress and works with people, she should have some type of bedside manner about her. She is what totally ruined this experience. If not, it wouldn't have been a horrible place.

• Visited June 2014
“Wonderful Breakfast”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

What a cool little place. The resturant is in the basement of what used to be a hospital. It is a small yet wonderful place to eat. We had breakfast here one morning and loved it. In addition, they serve lunch and dinner where the menus look amazing. I ordered a breakfast burrito and it was fantastic!! Eggs, sausage, kidney beans, salsa & cheese in a large flour tortilla with a light sauce on top.... It was out of this world good, and huge so be hungry or share it. This is a great little place to eat and relax before or after a long day of shopping in Fredericksburg.

Visited July 2014
Huntsville, Texas
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch at this restaurant during our last trip to the wine country. The atmosphere was really enjoyable. The place was crowded but the service was still good. They had a great selection and the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Rathskeller Restaurant? Share your experiences!