“Great breakfast and even better service”

Rathskeller Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 138 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Great breakfast and even better service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went with a group of 12 to Rathskeller for breakfast on a Sunday morning since it was one of the six or so that were honored by our B&B reservation service. Happily they had a large table in a somewhat separate room that was available so it worked perfectly for our group. Our server greeted us promptly and quickly brought us our mimosas, coffee and water. We all arrived at different times, one couple was about 15 minutes late and the rest of us had already ordered. Miraculously, all of our breakfasts were brought out at the same time - we never would have guessed that would happen since we hadn't been waiting very long. Everyone got the right plate and food was delivered quickly - our server was simply awesome. I wish I knew her name but I don't. All our food was very good - especially the tamale and egg breakfast special. Everyone was happy, service was efficient and our server happily gave us separate checks and applied our b&b breakfast coupons correctly and without hesitation.

• Visited May 2014

Pawcatuck, Ct USA
“Bellisimo! Italia”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I had the shrimp and angel hair, and my wife had the Tilapia. Wonderful....
The staff was very nice, and just enjoyed it so much. I will return.....

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Great taste”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

While in Fredericksburg, your choices for dinner are mostly German style restaurants. After having enough German food for a while, I stopped in this basement restaurant to try their qusadilla. One thing I was expecting was a large meal as everywhere else in Texas gives you all you can eat, and I wasn't disappointed. The quesasilla was cooked well, with onions and peppers thrown in, as well as a cup of beans and rice which really an extra dimension to the meal. Service was quick ans friendly, but some of the atmosphere was ruined by the kitchen being in open view of the seating. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited April 2014
Morgan, TX
“Poor Service & Food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I ordered the Chicken Parmesan - Terrible! I have never tasted a marinara sauce that was this bad. Also, instead of spaghetti it came with fettuccine alfredo (??????). Asked if a salad came with the meal, no but you can order the $5 house salad..... Service was just as poor and there were only 7 tables with customers. At least it was consistent all around. It could be a very nice restaurant if they could find a cook and good servers.

• Visited April 2014
Slattum, Akershus, Norway
“OK ”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The schnitzel and sides where quite good, but there is room for improvement on service, cleanliness and selection of wine, beer and soft drinks (not even sparkling water). And what "German" cellar does not serve schnapps?!