“Fair could be better if service had been better.”

Rathskeller Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 144 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Three of us stopped in for lunch 12/16/13. One ordered the vegi burger and loved it. I ordered the turkey Reubin. I requested that it be served on the focaccia bread which was excellent. But when I bit into my sandwich I could not taste the sauerkraut. So I finally got the waitress' attention and asked for more. So she left then stopped at a table and talked to the next table and finally took their orders. Then finally made her way back to ask for my sauerkraut. I had to sit and wait while my friends continued to eat. She finally brought back my request. The turkey Reubin is fair but I would not order it again. Waitress should have been friendlier and more attentive.

1  Thank Cyndi W

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Casual dining down a flight of stairs.
Excellent food and service. I had artichoke and chicken with a lemon caper sauce on pasta - great combination! Service was the best we have had in Fredericksburg.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've had several of their entrees but the red cabbage is the best. The German potatoes salad is very good and my daughter loved the crime brûlée.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Would have been good music but a loud large party came in a drowned out the singer. Music is not loud, so you can talk and enjoy your table.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Good quaint place for brkst. Coffee was good and hot. I had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravey and wife had an omelet. Overall good food but pricey.

Been to Rathskeller Restaurant? Share your experiences!