“Very good, slightly bizarre, Greek-Cajun fusion”
Review of Hill Top Cafe

Hill Top Cafe
Ranked #62 of 144 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hilltop Cafe is definitely one of a kind. I can only describe it as Cajun food with a Greek twist. If I have my count right, we've baeen there 4 times now. There's always something new on the menu. Seafood in general has been our favorites. Freshness appears to be a priority. The olive starter is superb. The chef obviously knows what he's doing here. HOWEVER, the price for the olives is ridiculous for what you are getting. $6 for a small bowl...what's that about. otherwise, value for money is good.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

At the suggestion of our B&B Innkeeper, we took the drive to the Hilltop Cafe. I had the "Pig" sandwich: ham and provolone on a muffaletta, served open-faced. It was good, although a little on the salty side. Hubby had a cheeseburger, which he said was very good. We also ordered the home-cooked fries. He liked them; I didn't (too dark and not flavored well).

Service was not exceptional, but okay for a Saturday afternoon. Atmosphere is very interesting.

As hubby said driving back to Fredericksburg, "it was definitely worth the ten-minute drive, but probably wouldn't have been worth a 30 minute drive."

1  Thank LovesGoodFoodTexas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Waited a bit because we did not have reservations but it was worth the wait! I had the grouper with mango butter and my husband had the pork chop. There was not a spec of food left on our plates. I wish it were closer to where I lived I would go all the time. It is obviously where the locals go to eat!

1  Thank Vleem
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Being from New Orleans, I have a good idea what good eating is all about. So when we stopped by the Hill Top Cafe, which looks like a gas station from the 20's, we were thinking we'd get some burgers and fries. When we looked at the menu, it reminded me of a menu at Brennan's or the Court of Two Sisters. Not what we were expecting but...,boy was I in for a delightful surprise! It was truly a first-rate meal that was authentically New Orleans. The chef has chops! Our appetizers were awesome, our entrees fabulous and the desserts...oh the desserts..Laissez les bons temps rouller, baby! Meet you at the Hill Top!

2  Thank Pulpsnatcher
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The atmosphere is always fun, a bit loud but fun. The food was good, the only thing that wasn't great was the service. Service was bad from the moment we got there and never really recovered.

1  Thank lulu255