“Nice introduction to German food and menu variety if you'd rather not”

Auslander Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 138 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: German Style Lodge featuring schnitzel, wursts, spätzle, sauerkraut, strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice introduction to German food and menu variety if you'd rather not”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The outside Biergarten reminded us of the time we spent in Germany, but since it was a hot day we opted for the air conditioned inside. The menu is a combination of German and American so there is something for the non adventurous eaters. The yeast rolls we soft and warm, but there is excellent dark bread available too. Our server was very good even though the place was quite crowded. The jagerschnitzel was brought out piping hot and crispy with excellent mushroom gravy that comes with either a red or white wine style. When I asked for more it was brought cheerfully without extra cost. The spätzle was properly cooked and delicious although I wish the serving was bigger, but with the meal coming with two sides, and soup or salad I can't say anyone walked away hungry. The potato pancakes were crisp small delicious medallions All of the favorite beers are there, served in tall glasses. The spicy sausage was a real treat. It is as close to Germany as you will come in Texas.

Visited July 2014

“fun place for the whole family!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Sit outside and listen to the band. My kids could dance around and not get in trouble. Food was great. Beer was cold. Music was awesome. I was disappoimtedbthat they no longer serve sauerbraten, but what I had was delicious. Right on main street.

Brownwood, Texas
“Live music. Family friendly.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love hearing the music while dining on the patio. Fun German menu. Seemed a little overpriced for the value.

Austin, Texas
“Aviod at all cost...”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Please read other reviews that are negative about this place. They are spot on. People who have eaten here and given it good reviews have no idea what good German food taste like. Nothing that they serve you is fresh. Everything comes from a can including their gravy. Upon tasting my food I was so upset with people who gave this place any review other than zero. It's unfortunate all I can do is give it one star I would not have given it that.

2 Thank southaustindad
League City, Texas
“Typical German food”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The food here is was not as good as I would expect for German food from a recommended restaurant in Fredericksburg. The service was not the best, maybe it was just a busy Saturday night but our waiter was scarce most of the night. We were seated next to a rather loud, boisterous group of folks who were getting much better service than we were. We should have pulled up a chair and sat with them. They probably wouldn't have noticed, nor would have our waiter. There is better food and atmosphere elsewhere in Fredericksburg.

Visited June 2014