“Great value, great food”

The Auslander Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 145 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: German Style Lodge featuring schnitzel, wursts, spätzle, sauerkraut, strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was some of the best German food I have had in the US. Great atmosphere and a great value. Lots of beer on tap.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went here with 8 people yesterday, seated fast, and service was good. Food was also good, except that the most expensive dish which was a steak with krauterbutter and other "fixings" was not as advertised. I have been in Germany 13 years, and know what krauterbutter is, What was on the steak was not that. Other than that, food was plentiful and we brought some home with us for leftovers. Visit the near by fun store, full of magic and other things for adults and kids

Reviewed February 9, 2013

A co-worker invited us to the Auslander to watch Casey Hubble and guests. The show was exceptional and the food, I thought, was pretty good. The beer was ice cold. We had a party of 12 and the service was great. The food was brought out in a timely manner and at a proper temperature. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and definitely worth the drive from Kerrville.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This restaurant is good, but not exceptional. We ate here because it had a varied menu with both German and American food. The food was good, but not what I would consider exceptional. There was an inside area and an outside sitting area. The service was friendly and efficient. We ate here at lunch time so there was no wait for a table and the food arrived quickly. I had German spatzele and grilled chicken. I don't know how authentic the German food is, but I found it tasty.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I lived in Germany for 3 yrs and I've known German food for 40 years. Worst German cooking ever. Tasteless and dry cabbage rolls. Husband's goulashsuppe tasteless. Service at the bar unfriendly.

1  Thank Zmini07