“MLK Weekend”

Auslander Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Style Lodge featuring schnitzel, wursts, spätzle, sauerkraut, strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went in a little early for dinner so the place wasn't packed...yet. Food was OK to Good but the server forgot to deliver soup and then couldn't figure out how to remove from bill. Skp the Spaetzle no matter how much you want to give it a try just becauuse you are there...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a german chef and it surprised me what all the restaurants call authentic food. But this place is close overall. Close means compared with the other restaurants in town.

So far I could not find a very authentic german restaurant in Texas.

1  Thank sarusnet
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We really enjoy the food and ice cold draft beer at Auslander. The one thing we've been frustrated about is missing the live music. We went on a Thursday night because we were told the music started at 7pm. We got there at 8:30pm and the band had already packed up! So much for a Thursday night out! Beware also if you come to Fredericksburg at the beginning of the week (Sun - Weds) a lot of things close different days and the restaurants aren't open very late.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm not an expert on German food but I will say I thought it was delicious! We had the Texas schnitzel with mashed potatoes and goulash. I loved the mashed potatoes, nice and buttery. They also had a bar that included some local Texas wines and tvs to watch the game. Overall I would probably eat here again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Auslander is a must stop while in Fredricksburg. I have been a returning customer for several years. It is a friendly restaurant and bar/ Biergarten located in the heart of downtown Fredricksburg. The atmosphere is always great. The staff is hospitable, knowledgeable, and attending. The decor is cozy like a German lodge with a wonderful fireplace in the dining room. It is a fantastic place for lunch. The German food is wonderful! The beer selection is great. The Biergarten often has live music in the evenings and there are several TVs at the bar to view sporting events.