“overall excellent food and atmosphere!”
Review of Nest Restaurant - CLOSED

Nest Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I travel all around the world. I love to go to great restaurants and this is one of the best I have been to. Charming atmosphere! Very intimate and comfortable.
The shrimp appetizer is to die for and large enough to have as a entree. Everything was prepared perfectly. The wine list is perfect. And the desserts are fabulous.
The service was great and the chef outdid himself!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We were able to get a table without reservations on a Friday night at 7:00. The salad was very nice, and fresh. I think I read somewhere where they grow their own veggies. There was a tiny spider that was under the plate when it was served, but not in the salad... My husband had the chicken and I had the Tilapia, which was cooked perfectly. We each had a glass of wine and the total bill was $55 for the two of us. We opted out of dessert. The bread was nice, but there was a hair on the bread plate when it was placed down. We've eaten here before and have never been disappointed with the food, but I do have to say the spider and hair was a bit of a shock. Oh, and they were kind of busy so the waitress didn't serve the wine until we had our entree. I had to remind her.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

The quaint home was the best part of the experience but the food was also great. Our service was good but not excellent (nor was it as bad as some others have experienced). We had the lamb and escargot, both were delicious.

Reviewed March 6, 2010

Such a disappointment. We'd asked for our favorite server but she had twisted her ankle and the restaurant had a temporary replacement. The nest is one of our favorites, but this visit fell very short. We arrived early and had asked for a 4 top; none available so we were stuck in a corner with a 2 top. We waited..and waited..and waited..finally I got up and went to the hostess stand to ask if someone could take our drink order. We also ordered the oyster appetizer. Then we waited; the wine came but no server, no bread . I realized that the "temporary" server had two 6 tops, several 4 tops, and us. No wonder we had to wait. Finally, she came over and took our order. The salad dressing tasted off to both my husband and myself; the oysters were somewhat overcooked. The entrees were good but the shortage of waitstaff pretty much put a damper in the evening. Also try to avoid sitting next to a large table. The old house is extremely noisy.

2  Thank smurfjud
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to the Nest over the weekend. It was our first time at the nest and we had heard mixed reviews. We are local, so we have a pretty good handle on the places to go and not to go. To our surprise, the service was absolutely terrible. We were in a room with 3 other tables, and there was one waitress in charge of that room. We were ignored through out the entire night, when our waitress would walk in and address and speak with and converse with every other table in the room, she would not even glance towards our table. The hostess (which I'm assuming is the owner) was even worse. She went around making small talk to every table except ours. She would even look at us and just walk away. We asked for bread, and 30 minutes later we finally asked again and it came. The bus boy was filling waters and giving each table bread, and he would look at our table and just walk away. 10 minutes into the meal I was ready to leave, but we had already ordered. We don't know if we got this service because we are younger (we are both 24) and the restaurant didnt take us seriously, or if this is just how they are at times. However, we do fine dining almost every weekend in Fredericksburg and we enjoy fine cuisine. If you are looking for a good meal, do not go to the Nest. Its not worth the money. We will never be going back to this restaurant, and we will also inform other people of our terrible experience. In a small town, it seems this restaurant would realize that word of mouth travels fast. I highly reccomend Navajo grill or August E's were the food, drinks, and service is fantastic.

7  Thank fburgaggie