“You have to try the grilled escargot!”
Review of Nest Restaurant

Nest Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We eat here every time we come to Fredericksberg and have never been disappointed.

The grilled escargot is a must have, they are grilled and served in a martini glass.

We ordered the Pan Seared Sea Scallops and Beef tenderloin, and then mixed and shared. The food was great and too much for both of us to finish.

I notice they have tables outside, but it was too hot for outside dining this trip.

Make sure you phone ahead, and don't plan on staying late.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Thanks to trip advisor and the locals of Fredericksburg, I enjoyed a delicious dinner in this quaint restaurant. I highly recommend Nest Restaurant to anyone visiting Fredericksburg.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

A quick decision after reading the reviews and online menu made me one happy diner. I took a chance showing up without a reservation since it was close to my hotel and on the late side of dinner time on a weekday night. Other than the host/waiter a little unsure how to welcome a single female business diner, I can only brag. Beautiful old German house with tables arranged intimately in the high ceiling rooms. I knew I would be pleased with my first bite of the house salad. Seared sea scallops were perfectly prepared. The sauce was lighter than I expected and though I would have liked to have a better taste, I understand blending the flavors and not having a sauce overwhelm the main course. Can't wait for my next visit!

1  Thank RChapman
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Cindy from the Inn on Baron Creek suggested that we eat the steak here....The best Ive ever had. My husband had the salmon, and thought it was unreal.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The escargot starters were outstanding. They fry and then grill them which gives a firm/slightly crispy texture but still maintain a chew that is associated with escargot. Served in a cocktail glass with greens and a flavorful sauce. So good. The filet mignon was grilled perfectly and huge. Had to take a portion of the steak home for later consumption. The service was good but was told no "media"(cell phones). Kind of rude on the waiters part since he went on a lengthy bit about it afterwards. Loud cell phone conversations in public, I agree, is annoying but this was not the issue here. Just making notes about our experience. Felt like we were back in grade school. Despite this, the meal was a delight and we will definitely be back.