“Quaint but scrumptious”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Fredericksburg
“Quaint but scrumptious”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

For our 1st Anniversary my Wife and I decided to go to "The Nest" in Fredericksburg located directly on Washington St aka Hwy 87. The restaurant is an old home that has been converted into the place to eat in Fredericksburg. Reservations are recommended and you will not be disappointed. The seafood was fresh and the atmosphere was wonderful. We each had an appetizer, shared the main course and the desert was as the title describes scrumptions. We are going again for our 2nd Anniversary and can't wait. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2011

Pearland, Texas
“A must try!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Went there with my wife for our 1 year anniversary. Service was very personable, made you feel at home. Restaurant is actually an old home, so it was very quiet and romantic. Food was outstanding and the wine was just as good. Not a big menu, but most everything looked great. I had the rack of lamb that was outstanding, wife had the scallops which were very good. Overall, a must try for a romantic or quiet evening. Service, food, atmosphere was great across the board!!

• Visited December 2011
Magnolia, Texas, United States
“amazing dinner”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

What a great meal. The Filet was prepared perfectly. It melted in your mouth. The prices are a bit high, but the food is great.

Visited November 2011
Acton, Texas
“What We Were Looking For”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just the type restaurant we look for when we travel. Great drive up appeal (quaint old house), great service and good food. Roasted chicken and grilled Talapia were our lucky choices. House Pino Noirs were average. Wild greens were fresh, but house dressing was a little on the vinagrette side. Overall a wonderful place!

San Angelo, Texas
“Food OK...But way overpriced”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Our family ate here the weekend after Thanksgiving last year. There were 10 of us, 2 couples without children, another couple with their grown son, his wife and 2 boys. I cringed when I looked at the menu. First of all, everything was covered in some sort of sauce and none of it looked good to me. Then the prices raised my eyebrows. My husband ordered the special that night, without being told the price. The service started off ok, but once our orders were taken, things slowed WAY down (and it wasn't that busy!). Once we actually got our food, our waiter didn't stop by the table again. We had to flag him down for the check. That is where things got interesting. They would not let us divide the check into 3 parts - my husband and I, his brother and wife, and his sister and her extended family, but they would take 3 credit cards and charge the various meals accordingly. I'm still not sure what the difference was, but anyway...Since we were a party of more than 8, the tip was added...not really a problem as that is usually expected for large groups. However, instead of dividing the tip 10 ways, charging us for 2/10, the other couple 2/10 and the family 6/10, the tip was divided 3 ways, making our part of it just around $20. Yes, we paid a $20 tip. By the time it sunk in as to why our meal was nearly $80, we were in a hurry to get to the theater. Won't make that mistake again...

The food was just ok...small portions, and covered in sauce, though. Not worth it, in my opinion.

• Visited December 2010