“Local recommended”

Ranked #15 of 144 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Guests enjoy the creative imagination of Chef Angela and her signature fresh salads, quiche, soups and jaw breaker sandwiches prepared at the peak of flavor. The daily specials reflect the abundant fresh, local produce and Chef Angela's passion for clean, bright flavors that are as beautiful to look at as they are delicious to eat. Gluten free breads and Vegetarian options are always available! The Bakery offers fresh made daily quiche, cinnamon rolls, tarts, pies, cookies, cakes and Chef's signature Lemon Bars. You can expect variety and seasonal favorites as the fresh produce changes. Fresh Artisan breads are baked on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Signature baked goods are the Banana Cream Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, Gooey Cinnamon Rolls, Lemon Bars with Walnut Crust and the amazing variety of giant cookies! Artisan Pizzas made from scratch and authentic Italian specials during dinner. Dine in, take out or take 'n bake.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were shopping on Main Street and asked a lady that had lived there 20 years where to eat. She recommened this place. WOW! It was so good! Fresh and tasty! Shared a salad and yummie sandwich. Very good!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

After reading all these great review we arrived for lunch. They were out of chicken and tuna salad, the iced tea was yellow and the quiche mediocre. They must have been out of any bread but whole grain because that is what we got. My husband hates it and didn't order it. Only soup was lentil and it wasn't great. We won't be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Found this place by accident - and ended up eating here 4 times in a week! Wonderful soups, salads and sandwiches. The bread is fresh - tastes like "the old country," The brownie is THE BEST I've ever had - and one is enough for two people to eat for 3 days! I want a Woerner where I live! I'd never cook again!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had a cup of butternut squash soup and albacore tuna salad sandwich followed by a brownie...that I took home...and ate on for 4 days! Yes, the brownie was massive! The sandwich was LOADED with tuna salad and veggies. The soup was so good I wished I had ordered a bowl. My husband got a tomato and cheese panini and a salad. We were stuffed. This is a very quaint restaurant off the beaten path. It feels like an old general store. Atmosphere and great food. The bonus...we met the friendliest people there.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lots of food for the price. Great flavors and also a bakery for sweets. Clean and friendly. Even though they were packed, the food was served quickly. Good coffee, too!