“Unappetizng Appetizers”

Cuisines: Thai
Stephenville, Texas
“Unappetizng Appetizers”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

There's two Thai appetizers I love - steamed pork dumplings and shrimp toast. I ordered both and both were disappointing. It appeared as though they took a blob of the same filling from the pork rolls and plopped it on top of the shrimp toast. If there was any shrimp on the toast - I couldn't taste it. I love food, but I only ate one of the steamed pork rolls. They were just not good. There was a complimentary appetizer bar with two types of sushi - crab roll and California roll. I took one of each and they were good. However, when I went back to the bar (since I wasn't eating the appetizers I ordered) the sushi was gone and it was awhile before they replenished it. I tried both soups on the appetizer bar and didn't care for either of them. Ate only a couple of spoonfuls of each. A first for me - I left a restaurant hungry.

Visited July 2013

Texas
“Delighted to have first class Thai in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I live in Fredericksburg-and am so happy to have a new addition to our dining options! Fresh and perfectly crunchy veggies were a delight in my Chicken Basil entree. We started our meal with a round of spring rolls which were light and packed with shrimp. Decor is basic, but upbeat, clean and the attentive service made for a delightful dinner.

Austin, Texas
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This new Thai restaurant was recommended by locals and we were thrilled to have found good Asian cuisine in Fredericksburg. We ordered vegetarian spring rolls, which aren't on the menu, and they were very fresh and delicate. I tasted two of the curry dishes and found them wonderfully flavorful with just the right amount of heat. Our group ordered, and I sampled, the sesame chicken and cashew chicken, and both were delicious! Everyone in our group clearly enjoyed the food, which was MUCH better than you'd find in run-of-the-mill "Chinese restaurants." The portions are generous. Ginger and Spice is just off Main Street. The decor is simple, but in good taste. Dress is casual and at this point you don't need reservations; I expect that to change.

Austin, Texas
“Thai in FBG?”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

FBG isn't know for Asian food being the land of German sausage and such, but a nice find when wanting a lighter meal. The plates were very fresh with perfect cooked veggies. It is always said you can judge a Thai restaurant by ordering pad thai, but not wanting that I went with a basil chicken dish. Two chili spine according to the menu, but I would rate it as a one chili dish. Not a fancy place to eat, but good solid well prepared food.

Dallas, Texas
“Curry up and go”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Fresh, solid Thai inspired food and drink. Two pepper is hot and three peppers should clear any spring allergy issues. @ Lunch the small salad bar, sushi and soup station makes a lunch entre carry you all the way to dinner. Servers at times difficult to understand but menu is straight forward. Sushi to go a good take out option.

• Visited March 2013