“Delighted to have first class Thai in Fredericksburg”
Review of Ginger & Spice - CLOSED

Ginger & Spice
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I live in Fredericksburg-and am so happy to have a new addition to our dining options! Fresh and perfectly crunchy veggies were a delight in my Chicken Basil entree. We started our meal with a round of spring rolls which were light and packed with shrimp. Decor is basic, but upbeat, clean and the attentive service made for a delightful dinner.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This new Thai restaurant was recommended by locals and we were thrilled to have found good Asian cuisine in Fredericksburg. We ordered vegetarian spring rolls, which aren't on the menu, and they were very fresh and delicate. I tasted two of the curry dishes and found them wonderfully flavorful with just the right amount of heat. Our group ordered, and I sampled, the sesame chicken and cashew chicken, and both were delicious! Everyone in our group clearly enjoyed the food, which was MUCH better than you'd find in run-of-the-mill "Chinese restaurants." The portions are generous. Ginger and Spice is just off Main Street. The decor is simple, but in good taste. Dress is casual and at this point you don't need reservations; I expect that to change.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

FBG isn't know for Asian food being the land of German sausage and such, but a nice find when wanting a lighter meal. The plates were very fresh with perfect cooked veggies. It is always said you can judge a Thai restaurant by ordering pad thai, but not wanting that I went with a basil chicken dish. Two chili spine according to the menu, but I would rate it as a one chili dish. Not a fancy place to eat, but good solid well prepared food.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Fresh, solid Thai inspired food and drink. Two pepper is hot and three peppers should clear any spring allergy issues. @ Lunch the small salad bar, sushi and soup station makes a lunch entre carry you all the way to dinner. Servers at times difficult to understand but menu is straight forward. Sushi to go a good take out option.

1  Thank bkskye
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Fredericksburg has been pretty much an Asian restaurant wasteland until now. In spite of a few teething pains, Ginger and Spice is emerging as quite a good restaurant specializing in Thai cuisine, but also offering sushi (not tried - yet). The curries have been very, very good, although perhaps just a touch on the mild side. I believe the chef is somewhat afraid to go all out in this regard. I asked for the Panang to be made 'Thai hot'...no luck. Flavors, though, are uniformly excellent. Ginger and Spice is a great addition to the town's food scene.