“Hanger Hotel was Wonderful”
Review of Hangar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Hangar Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We do not own an airplane or fly other than commercial airlines. I picked the Hanger Hotel after reading about it here in Trip Advisor. We like to stay at different hotels and this sounded very nice. The Hanger exceeded our expectations by far. The people are nice. The room was wonderful. We loved the furnishings. The bed, linens and towels were first rate. The 2 chairs in the room were really great. I am trying to find them on line and checking about purchasing one or two for our home. The porch was very relaxing and was interesting watching the planes come and go. We were here mid week so did not get to eat at the Diner, which we would of liked to try. The hours they are open did not meet our schedule. We stayed in 4 hotels while in Texas, and the Hanger was most definately our favorite. The continental breakfast could be a little better, as there is no coffee in the rooms. If the diner is closed you have to drive a bit for breakfast. If back in this area again we wil be staying here next time.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank NRosenbaum

A TripAdvisor Member
Cape Coral, FL
Reviewed December 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Hangar Hotel and loved it. Everything was exceptional quality; the linens, fixtures, towels, etc. Our only complaint is that the lighting in the room was poor. But other than that it was great. Have a drink at the Officers Club and play a game of pool, or just chat with the other guests on the observation deck overlooking the runway. Many of the guests have a strong interest in the world of aircraft, so it's a fun place to strike up a conversation! We'd stay there again for sure!

Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2005

We chose the Hanger Hotel for our honeymoon in November. It was a wonderful place to stay. The outside of the Hanger definately hides the luxury within! Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived, so we went next door to the diner and had a delicious late lunch. When we went up to the room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful - furnished in leather and woods. The linens on the bed felt devine. Everything was very clean and quiet. I think the tv could be larger, but that's just being picky. The club wasn't open during our stay, but it looked like a great place to meet and have a drink. We watched a fabulous sunset from the observation deck one evening. All in all, it was a perfect retreat.

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed August 24, 2005

Beautiful hotel, very comfortable beds, excellent staff - very accomodating staff. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank dfnd
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2005

After having a dream vacation ruined by tropical storm, through heresay I decided to look for something on short notice. The staff was very receptive during my telephone reservation. Since our bags were packed already we made the 6 hour drive. Upon driving up you couldn't begin to believe what is to await you inside. What a beautiful hotel upon entering. 40's decor that was amazing. You really felt that you stepped back in time, yet didn't feel or appear old. Rooms beautifuly decored. The best part, that bed and pillows. I never have a good nights sleep, but for 3 nights I slept like a baby. If I could have fit them in my car, I would have found a way. The officers club, a small lounge, is where you can go to relax and unwind in a quite peaceful setting. With people flying in and each day you get to meet a variety of wonderful people. You have got to eat at the Airport diner next door, the food is simple but tastes so damn good and at a reasonable price. Stay there more than one day and everybody knows your name. Great staff, great rooms, great food at the diner, and the bartender at the officers club is just like reuniting with an old friend. When you need a romantic getaway, this is the place to go. After all this the only knock is I wish they had more channels on the tv (though after everything else I said that shouldn't be that important).

• Stayed: July 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

This hotel is a pilot's dream come true. As previously reviewed, we just flew in and taxied right up to the hotel, walked in, and were greeted by friendly folks at the front desk. The lobby is very stylishly decorated in neo-1940's decor, and is spotlessly clean. I especially loved the paint colors throughout the hotel, asked if they could tell me the paint colors, to which the clerk printed out a copy of each paint color in the hotel! You can buy T-shirts, blankets and coffee mugs with the hotel name and 40's theme, which are fun. The rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated. The pillows were very fluffy and full, and the bedding was first class. There are nice toiletries in the bath, as well as a hairdryer. There's a great 1940's diner next door that serves good food, too. The observation deck is a great addition, with chairs and 1940's style music playing. The only drawbacks that I would point out were that I wish there was a coffee maker in the room. They do give you two bottles of water though. The staff was quick to point out that it is a no-smoking facility. Not sure if this also applies to the adjacent bar area. It's too far to walk to the quaint town of Fredericksburg. A taxi costs about $14 one way. Other than that, it was an excellent hotel and I do highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2005
12  Thank jlewis00
Reviewed May 10, 2005

This was our second time to stay at the Hangar Hotel (the first was Feb. '04), and it was just as wonderful as we remembered. It was spotlessly clean, the decor was very relaxing, and the beds were phenomenal. I could just go there and sleep the whole time! It's an all-around classy place. Ladies, don't worry -- even if the theme seems "masculine," you'll be well pampered. It's almost like staying at a B&B, and it's easy to strike up a conversation with other guests you see out on the observation deck. I highly recommend this hotel. (Oh, it IS at a small airport, so if you're a very light sleeper you might want to bring your earplugs. It was plenty quiet while we were there, very few planes, but there's always the chance someone could fly in with their Lear jet.)

Stayed: May 2005