“Authentic Mexican food”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

El Milagro twenty twelve is owned and operated by a family whose desire is to prepare the best food with the freshest ingredients. The prices are moderate and the service comes from family members who treat you right.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We thought eating at 2:30p.m., we'd be able to get quick service. Instead, we waited 20 minutes after getting seated for someone to take our drink orders, another 10 minutes to place our order, and over 40 minutes to receive our simple sandwich order. To make it worse, we ordered the humus appetizer. After 15 minutes, we began requesting to get the humus, and each time, his response was "It's coming soon." After at least 30 minutes, he brought a plate of about 10 tortilla chips and about 3 tablespoons of salsa (neither one very good), and said that they were out of the humus and so they "giving" us the chips and salsa since we had waited so long. When he gave me the bill, it included $3.99 for the chips they had "given" us. The food was mediocre at best.

1  Thank wvlivingston
Reviewed November 23, 2012

No hostess so we had to arranged our own tables to get enough seats for six people. The waitress took out drink and food order (2 grilled cheese sandwhiches, a ruben, a cold plain ham sandwhich, a pulled pork sandwich and 2 bowls of soup). Within 5 minutes we got our drinks but after that she didn't come back for at least 30 minutes. We asked where our food was and she said it would be only a few more minutes. At this point we requested that they serve our soup which she did but after that we never saw her again. We complained to two different waitstaff about the long wait for food. They said they would look into it but they never came back. Finally after waiting for more than an hour we asked for the manager and were told that we were being impatient and rude. We were so hungry and frustrated with the whole experience that we left.

1  Thank Pearl F
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I ate with a group of six on a Saturday. We got there just before the crowds hit. We were able to get our drinks and food promptly, but then our waiter disappeared and began waiting tables outside. Three of our group had to leave for a special event at the museum. The other three waited over 15 minutes with no sign of of the waiter. I got one young boy (around age 13) to bring us some more tea, and asked him to get the waiter. Then I asked another person for the waiter. Finally, I had to go outside and stop the waiter and beg for our checks. It had now been 25 minutes since he had last been to the table. We asked for the checks to be one per couple. I gave him a credit card to pay for my less expensive check, and he charged me with another of the couples' meal. He was so confused as what to do, my friend just agreed to give me $6 so we could leave.

The food was good and nicely prepared, but the restaurant was understaffed. I would not return based on this experience.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Pastries are still as amazing as when this local was the previous two restaurants- (it's been through two name/ owner(?) changes)
Breakfast tacos are delicious and satisfying, oatmeal is a big bowl of oats!
Haven't tried the lunch yet, but if its anything like the breakfast, I am sure I won't be disappointed
Coffee is good, service is good - love the outside seating
Name change didn't mean food change: in the pastry and breakfast department, at least