“Great little cafe”

The City Cafe
Ranked #28 of 137 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great little cafe”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Your typical small town cafe where the local "boys" eat. Good breakfast and quick service. They had a lot of people ordering breakfast burritos to go-would be a great option if you're headed somewhere for the day!

• Visited May 2014

Seminole, Texas
“Ruth d”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Breakfast was fast and easy. very reasonable prices. The staff was friendly and eager to make you happy

Visited May 2014
Hurst, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It lost some charm along the way”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This used to be one of our go-to places for breakfast when we went to visit family, but the last 2 visits have gone consistently downhill. The decline was noticeable enough that we do not plan on giving it another chance.

The first time we noticed the decline, I ordered biscuits and gravy. The gravy came out lumpy and tasted like flour (which were the lumps). I was surprised they even let it out of the kitchen since it was visibly bad. I scraped off the gravy and ate the biscuits with butter and jelly. The employees didn't even notice or ask about that.

The next time we went we were hoping that last visit was a fluke, but had a similar experience. My over medium eggs had mostly runny egg white in the middle, and we waited an extremely long time for our food and for drink refills despite the fact that it wasn't busy.

The people have always been friendly, and were always kind to my parents and chatty with my dad, who loved to talk to people.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went to City Café on a Sunday morning. It was pretty busy and hard to tell who was standing in line to pay and who was standing in line to be seated.

We didn't wait too long to be seated. Service was somewhat slow but our server had good support from others. It took awhile to get our food but our drinks were never empty for long.

The food tasted like your typical café food. It was good but nothing really made it stand out.

Not my favorite place for breakfast in Fredericksburg but I would return.

Visited March 2014
boston
“Good Food, low cost and great service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I ate here twice while on vacation. Both times the food was good. The cost was lower than we normally spend on this type of breakfast. the staff was attentive and very friendly. I recommend this spot for breakfast with out reservation.

• Visited March 2014