“Yummy!”

The City Cafe
Ranked #31 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was disappointed to learn that Kelly's was now the City Cafe until we ate there. The food was wonderful. We ate lunch and breakfast there, in fact we ate breakfast twice. The service was great but the food is the star here. I can't say enough about the food. It was wonderfully seasoned and the portions were huge. When we return to Fredericksburg the City Cafe will be our first stop.

There are newer reviews for The City Cafe

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast on a recent trip to the area. We both had breakfast burritos and they were delicious, coffee was great, and the service was fantastic. We wanted to go back for lunch or dinner, but time didn't allow. We will go back the next time we travel thru Fredricksburg.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Best burgers for the price in town, and best fries at any price, anywhere. The fries are super skinny, square sided - almost like shoe-string potatoes, and perfectly fried to golden crispness on the outside and creamy potato goodness on the inside. In my opinion you are best off here ordering sandwiches - burgers, Reubens, and home cooking, like the meatloaf. I'm not as sure about the Tilapia and other more ambitious dishes.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My family of 9 went to breakfast at The City Cafe. We all ordered different items. The pancakes are huge and delicious. The French Toast was delicious. I judge breakfast based on the quality of the gravy. Theirs is delicious and homemade. Powdered gravy is the worst! We will go back next time we're in Fredricksberg.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A new family restaurant has opened on the West end of Fredericksburg, TX. It is in the house that used to have Kelly's. Kelly's is a hard act to follow and this restaurant is taking an entirely different tack. A great addition is that they are opened for breakfast. Although I had lunch, from the menu the breakfast had good traditional choices. They are also opened for dinner (I believe Thursday thru Saturday - but verify). Lunch was fun. My husband had a fried bologna sandwich; I'd never heard of this but he remembered it from childhood. The bologna was cut very thick. He said it was very good. It came with well fried very thin french fries.

I had a seared salmon salad. The salmon was well cooked and nicely browned. The balsamic dressing complimented it nicely.

Although they have only been opened a short time, the service was very good. They were attentive and the ice tea was fresh and offered often.

Try this new restaurant for a fun and inexpensive meal.