“Great Staff and great wines”
Review of Four Point Cellars

Four Point Cellars
Ranked #17 of 106 things to do in Fredericksburg
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We visited for our anniversary and were the first ones there when it opened. We got very personal service from the young man pouring and tasted several delicious wines. Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I almost skipped this winery due to iffy reviews but am very happy I decided to stop there. The gentleman who helped me with my tastings was extremely pleasant and informative. At first, I was told I needed to select from a list of either sweet or dry wines but as I went through the list and explained my preferences, he offered several other wines he thought I would enjoy. I ended up buying a few of those along with others on the sweet list. Their Patio Sangria is especially good. A few of my friends who don't typically like Sangria have really enjoyed the bottles I purchased there. I also enjoyed tasting their infused oils and vinegars while there and purchased several.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Of the six wineries I visited in the area, this was the worst one for tasting because you get a list of the exact wines you're allowed to taste. They sell wines from three winemakers, no wines of their own. Wine is so subjective so it's not always very helpful to critique the wines because we all like what we like. That said, I did taste some wines here that I liked and I purchased a bottle. The venue itself is quite attractive and the hosts couldn't have been nicer. Like many of the wineries in this area, they pour a very cheap pour. The did also have some delicious vinegars and oils available for sampling, free of charge. If you're going to hit all of the wineries, then you may want to include it. If you're trying to only go to a few or you're short on time, skip this one.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This good looking wine tasting facility appears to be successfully connecting the rural vineyards involved (see Brennan Vineyards, Lost Oak Winery, and McPherson Cellars) to the multitudes & masses of urban/metro Texas (see Austin/San Antonio, etc.). We prefer the laid back "country" tasting rooms of the Vineyards involved to this concept but it was exciting to see the masses sipping wine in a very crowded, chaotic and loud "urban" style environment. Lots of traffic and energy here as the tourist groups unloaded the vans, buses, limos, etc. and crowded around the tasting island to sip & lip. We made no attempt at a tasting here for some of the new wines we had recently read about. Later on that one! Picked up two bottles (that we knew we liked thanks to prior tastings) and headed for checkout. Service Rep Jordan? was really getting a work out as we paid for our two bottles of wine. Poor guy was getting hit from all angles and our two bottle cash for wine exchange was interrupted no less than four times by phone calls. More frustrating for him than us since we were in no hurry!

Bonus: The artist performing outside in the courtyard sounded like Willie Nelson and we like Willie Nelson. Very calming!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a perfect Saturday afternoon this past weekend- enjoying a glass of wine and listening to old country standards performed by a singer/guitar player in a gorgeous setting- hill country landscape, beautiful contemporary tasting room and outdoor seating, beautiful breezes. If you are looking for wines in Texas that rival California you might be disappointed but we we enjoyed the whole experience as very authentically Texas.

The outdoor area is family and dog friendly, very casual. One if the owners brought out water for a big hot dog. Several people were laying out on a blanket under a huge oak tree.

So enjoyable. Can't wait to return and bring our out of town guests.