“A little disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I was here with a senior citizen group and they had an area set up for us and that was great. I order the smothered chicken and it did have a good flavor but was very very tough they told me asparagus was one of the sides and then charged me 2.00 extra for it. The wait staff was great and we all had a great time but would find somewhere else to eat. Thank you KBob staff for you service.

1 Thank Pcstamper

Kyle, Texas
“Rubber Chicken”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Lets just start with the appetizer, the so called stuffed mushrooms were actually a mushroom hidden inside a fried ball of crab meat. When I cut into it all I could smell was a fishy smell.When the waitress, who was very nice and attentive brought our food the order was not right. She had the order right on the ticket but the kitchen messed it up.

I ordered smothered chicken with onions and mushrooms with Monterey Jack cheese and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were cold and the chicken was so tough and rubber like that I could barely cut it with a steak knife. I have never had to work so hard to cut grilled chicken breast in my life.

My daughter ordered chicken fried chicken with fries. When she finally got the plate and started cutting into the meat, it turned out to be chicken fried steak and the fries came 10 minutes later. My younger daughter ordered the wrangler burger and we asked to have it well done but when it came the burger was more pink than done. I have a fear of eating raw meat and never let my children eat meat that is not completely cooked.

I hope that the person cooking the food will see this review and maybe take a class or possibly take more time to make the food correctly. The staff was very nice and I would not change anything about the service. I just wish I had not paid over $50 for Rubber Chicken.
I love coming to Fredericksburg and usually enjoy great food no matter where I have gone and this was just so disappointing. I will not go back to KBOBS again and will not recommend this "steakhouse" to anyone except to tell them to stay away. I have learned my lesson.

3 Thank trishp73
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Average at best..friendly service though.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ate here one night after a day of motorcycle riding. Average is the best I could rate this place. It has a nice decor and the staff where friendly but the food was nothing to make me want to come back for. Will be trying something else nextg time in town.

Houston, Texas
“Hangin with the kids”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Salad bar was good and fresh. $3 margarita a hit. The others in my party loved the cobbler desserts. A bit too noisy for me.

Visited May 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Wouldn't go back!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Seems they're proud of their Salad Wagon, appears to be a highlight? The lettuce/spinach was wilted, some of the pasta salad was browning on the tips from sitting out and not being tended to (i.e. stirred, refreshed) Just a nasty salad bar. Fried okra was a side item and I must say portions were generous. Should've been considering the cost was about 1/4th the cost of my steak, which by the way was mediocre. There's a reason they're ranked 69th! Stay away!