“YUMMY MARGARITAS”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great food, even better pineapple margaritas! Great inside seating as well as great outside seating with live music! Very fun!

There are newer reviews for Hondo's on Main

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Great place to hang out, listen to live music and have some great food.
I have been here many times, always having great food and service.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I went to Hondo's on Main this week (April 21-24, 2014). Ordered a burger and fries. The burger was excellent, and so were the fries. They came in a tin can! That was pretty cool :)
Ate outside, as there were some people in the bar area talking very loudly (even though it was only just barely 5:00). The woman who checked me out seemed a little disorganized.
But aside from that, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was authentic Hill Country.
For great food, try Hondo's!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Pleasant sitting outside. But, self-service (and very slow), only place we found in TX where the attendants were not friendly or helpful. Crowded (I can't imagine why) And then to add insult to injury - food was inedible. I got the brisket - BBQ sauce overwhelmed, meat was stringy and fatty (not the good kind). My mother ordered a hotdog - it was on a burn bun and tasted like it came directly from the supermarket freezer section. In a town known for its German food and sausages, that was certainly a disappointment. Shoestring onion rings heavy in breading, curlie fries soggy and cold. Overall one of the worse meals we've had anywhere.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We always go here when we come to town.
First of all, no hostess, no waitress, just 2 slow, and I mean SLOW bartenders take your order and they are rude; they could care less about their job or this business.
I've noticed a huge difference from the first time we came here about 6 years ago. Back then the place was packed!
We went on 4/12 and I expected a huge crowd since Houston March Men were playing. There were maybe 30 people there? When the band took a break, they had no other music playing. When this happened, people left. Outside they had tables with cups and empty beer bottles just sitting there. Does no one care about this place?
When I got a drink from the bartender, someone asked when they closed? The bartender said "whenever we want to"? What kind of answer is that?
I'm so sad to see this place so un-managed! It used to be a fun place to go to. We won't be going back. We got there too late to eat, because the kitchen wanted to close early?
I don't know if they've changed ownership, but when we left at 1130pm, we went across the street to Crossroads bar which was packed!
FYI, bring lots of money; a Grey Goose drink was $8.00! I live in a tourist town, and that drink is $5.50 where I live. My friend has a simple margarita which was $6.50!

3  Thank tahoequeen21