“Great patio, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hondo's on Main

Hondo's on Main
Ranked #10 of 135 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great patio, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't go here for the food. Fish sandwich was pitiful with the filet only half the size of the toast it was served on though the sauce was good. The stuffed jalapeños were so bad I only ate one bite. The onion strings came out cold & the bun on my kids burger was do big she couldn't get her mouth around it. The best part about Hondos was the cold beer & patio with checkers game for the kids to play.

Channelview, Texas
“Interesting place, excellent food! Live music!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Historical, interesting restaurant. The frito pie was good with flavorful meat! The chicken enchiladas with tomatillos were also very good. You order at the bar, pick up your food and make your own drinks, but the workers are friendly. Live music was playing outside with lots of outdoor seating! We will return!

Houston, Texas
“Great, fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had bacon-wrapped, stuffed jalapenos that were out of this world, plus a great burger and ice-cold beer. I went in the late afternoon craving some background noise since I'd been locked away in my cabin writing for a couple days. A band was playing outside so I stood and listened for a few minutes, then grabbed a table inside so I could still hear the music but also be able to jot down some ideas for what I'd write when I got home. The atmosphere was fun and laid back, and no one gave me grief, even though I sat there for a couple hours. Will definitely go back. The ordering system is a little odd, but the food is good, the beer is cold, and the people are friendly.

• Visited May 2012
Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
“Great building!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have gone to Hondo's a few times over the years! We returned recently! You now order at the bar and serve yourself, but the burgers were good! It's a good family place, and has a great area to dine outside and listen to music - a bit of Lukenbach in town! Fun, but certainly not a 4 star cuisine!

Visited January 2013
Bridge City, Texas
“Just Downright Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food, fun atmosphere! We enjoyed an evening here on a recent trip. We all had burgers and they were fresh and juicy. Fries and onion rings were very good, as well. We will definitely go back on our next trip to the Texas Hill Country.

• Visited January 2013