“Adorable Bistro, Delicious Food”
Review of Vaudeville

Vaudeville
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vaudeville consists of two restaurants, a showroom floor as well as an art gallery. Vaudeville specializes in showcasing the finer things in life, the best of what the world has to offer as well as local gems. From the ground floor up Vaudeville hosts a French bistro style cafe (in the basement), a gourmet market, and a wine cellar stocked by an in-house sommelier. The cafe specializes in coffees and fine teas, as well as an assortment of fresh made French pastries, daily lunch specials, juices and desserts. The main floor is dedicated to showcasing luxury home furnishings, accessories, lighting, and special finds. The third and top floor holds the art gallery that showcases one-of-a-kind antiques, museum pieces, and art from local artists. The connected, freshly renovated courtyard and single story addition will is the location of the V Supper Club. A fine dining restaurant and special event venue backed by a brand new state-of-the-art commercial kitchen.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I recently drove over to Fredericksburg just to get out of Austin for a day and passed by Vaudeville. The cute cafe tables outside caught my eye, and the spot looked very much European. After a little shopping, I went back and since I was alone, found a seat at the bar. Now, I am definitely not in the habit of $50 lunches, but I couldn't help it. The mimosa, chicken lasagna, pot of genmaicha tea, and pistachio tiramisu were all fantastic, setting very high standards for small town Texas. While the restaurant reminds me a bit of places like Buvette in New York, it strays from pretentiousness. It's simply great food, friendly service, and chic ambiance in the Texas Hill Country. Also, be sure to go to the gallery on the top floor and check out the balcony area overlooking downtown Fredericksburg. It's excellent people watching.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were in town for a meeting on a Sunday that went a bit long but we really wanted to have an early dinner at Vaudeville. We rushed there and got downstairs right at 4pm. We thought we were good but as we walked in the server stated that they are now only serving charcuterie and desserts. Well, poop. We knew what we wanted and it was honestly exactly 4pm and the table next to us had just been served their food as we walked to the table. We asked and she said that she was sorry but they stop serving at 4. Really, all we wanted were 2 venison Rueben.

Anyway, we did want the charcuterie as an appetizer anyway so we opted to stay. We orders both a charcuterie and a 3 cheese plate. Bother had some items we had never had before along with a variety of crackers and crostini, candied nuts, and fresh figs/black berries/strawberry. Both were amazing. We paired them with a glass of wine recommended by our server and it was a great pairing. Makes us wonder what we missed out on with the sandwiches. Bill for two trays and two glasses of wine was $72 with tip.

Lesson learned - great food but get there at least an hour and 15 min before closing time if you want to order a full meal; the hour deadline is apparently set in stone. We will try again next time. Minus one star for unusual closure practices; 30 min prior to closing would be sufficient and in line with standard practice.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I go to Fredericksburg every Wednesday for biz so I have plenty of time to experience all the fun stores and restaurants. This is by far my favorite. The Wed Special is the Salmon and it is fantastic. Heather is always my waitress and she is so sweet and knowledgable of all the wines and cheese. She brought me a sample of the truffle Gouda and I'm hear to say I'm hooked !!!!
I have only experienced lunch here but plan on coming back one evening for dinner. I have read other reviews that it's pricey but I didn't find that true at all. And the atmosphere is so hip with big sofa and tables that make you want to stay all day. Don't miss this one !!!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went to Vaudeville for a glass of wine and a snack. Had reasonably priced wine and a delicious cheese tray. Excellent service, really trendy atmosphere. Will return for a full meal and the decadent sweets!

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Had the club sandwich - yum!
Great service w/ upscale atmosphere. Served in the basement among lots of wine bottles and specialty pastas.

I felt cool just lunching there!