“Breakfast”
Review of Vaudeville

Vaudeville
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vaudeville consists of two restaurants, a showroom floor as well as an art gallery. Vaudeville specializes in showcasing the finer things in life, the best of what the world has to offer as well as local gems. From the ground floor up Vaudeville hosts a French bistro style cafe (in the basement), a gourmet market, and a wine cellar stocked by an in-house sommelier. The cafe specializes in coffees and fine teas, as well as an assortment of fresh made French pastries, daily lunch specials, juices and desserts. The main floor is dedicated to showcasing luxury home furnishings, accessories, lighting, and special finds. The third and top floor holds the art gallery that showcases one-of-a-kind antiques, museum pieces, and art from local artists. The connected, freshly renovated courtyard and single story addition will is the location of the V Supper Club. A fine dining restaurant and special event venue backed by a brand new state-of-the-art commercial kitchen.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped in here for breakfast on a Saturday morning. We were the only people in the place. My husband and I were a bit puzzled by the tiny water classes and coffee cups, since they had to be refilled constantly by the waitress. There were literally only three things available for breakfast: quiche, a muffin, or a yogurt parfait. The quiche was yummy...my husband was a little disappointed in the menu. Everything we ate was good.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Fortunate to get in on a Monday night for the price fix dinner due to a cancellation. Food was excellent, but there are some rough edges apparent from the newness. Service was a little spotty, but that's OK. The reason for only 4 stars is that for nearly $100.00 per person, I expect a cloth napkin. I guess next time I'll bring my own napkin.

1  Thank Huntite
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter and I visited Fredericksburg for for the first time this last weekend and were stunningly disappointed. EXCEPT for this restaurant. Yes, it is a bit pricey. But, for a town jam packed with the usual overcrowded (but not worth the time) eateries, this was a pleasant, calm, well appointed surprise. The food was outstanding. If you find yourself sucked into this Disneyfied town, don't despair, go to Vaudeville to relax and have a great meal. You will be very happy you did.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I always love to stop into Vaudeville when I am in Fredericksburg. Richard is so attentive and a pleasure to visit. The furniture and decorative items are well chosen. The meal (mostly lunch, although I understand they serve dinner on Monday night) is always tasty. I have had their soup special both times I have eaten there, and the soups are always delectable!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were on our way to San Antonio and stopped with friends in F'burg to show them some of the sights. Most of the usual food spots that we have eaten at were jam packed with lines on this sunny Sunday afternoon when we discovered this delightful French bistro cafe. It was perfect. We descended to the lower level via a gorgeous staircase and were warmly greeted and shown to a table. The menu was short and was just the kind of food we were looking for. I opted for the French dip sandwich since I have been on a quest most of my adult life for the "perfect french dip". I was not disappointed in my selection. The sandwich arrived overflowing with medium-rare beef. The bread was nearly ideal and there seemed to be a creamy kind of dressing, which could have been just mayo....I don't know and I didn't care after my first dip and bite. My taste buds were jumping for joy. Was this the perfect french dip...maybe...maybe not...but it was absolutely one of the best I have had. I will go back for it again and to try other options on their menu as well. The wait staff was outstanding and the prices very reasonable.