“A Great Place for a veteran or anyone else that is interested in the Pacific War”

Admiral Nimitz State Historic Site
Book In Advance
More Info
$109.00*
and up
Texas Hill Country and LBJ Ranch Tour with Wine Tasting Options
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went here with my 48 year old son who really had no knowledge of WWII. He was at least as interested as I in the displays that depicted many of the important events that occured in the Pacific. I ran out of time because they ere closing. Next time I'm Fredericksburg I will definte go back (starting earlier) and see this museum again.

All reviews
"great place to visit"
"pearl harbor"
"main street"

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It had been almost 30 years since I went through the Nimitz museum and back then you could see everything in about 30 minutes. Like I said, it had been about 30 years and today, I was amazed how large the museum has grown and believe me, it would take a heck longer than 30 minutes to see everything. You can look at a minimum of a couple of hours if not more. It is well planned and gives you a history lesson before WW1 to WW2 and beyond. The exhibits and interesting if not amazing. It is well worth a visit of all ages within reason meaning 12 to 100.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Incredible place for any war history fans. Husband and adult son absolutely loved it! This is a must see.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great place to learn a lot of history. Do not expect to see it in one day, could take several days, but so easy to find, can visit, go out to eat and come back and finish the day.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Many of my questions about the history of the German people in Texas were answered in a few short minutes, and I got to know the family history, foibles, and facts about a great American in just a short time. Plenty of artifacts, pictures, and history to become acquainted with a man few of us know well.