“Perfect base to travel from”

Super 8 Fredericksburg
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Farmers Branch, Texas
“Perfect base to travel from”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stay there every time we visit Fredericksburg whether it is to hear a band at Hondos, visit family in the area, or ride Three Sisters on motorcycles with friends. This is not a super-star motel, but it is clean, comfortable, convenient, inexpensive for the area, and has a very helpful staff. The breakfast includes a waffle maker with the usual continental breakfast items, It is a walk across the parking lot to Mamacita's for Margaritas and Mexican food. We usually just leave the bikes parked and walk to anything we want to see downtown. They even provide "bike rags" at the front desk for people to clean their motorcycles!

Room Tip: The east side faces the pool and a steak house, and the west side faces Mamacitas. Most people on m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Socorro
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The room is a little old, but after we rejected the first room because it smelled, the second room ok

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Red Oak, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was dreading my stay at Super 8 Fredericksburg after reading how filthy it was. After 8 days of budget motels that went from "ewww" to "revolting," I was dreading another night in a budget motel. But I was surprised at how nice room 208 was. It was clean, including under the beds and the bathroom baseboards, and smelled clean--not mildewy or perfumy. It's not going to win any design/decorator awards, but the bed and sheets were clean and comfortable, and the towels were the biggest and softest I've had the entire trip.I can't comment on breakfast because I didn't have breakfast there. The staff was a mixed bag. The man who checked me in was helpful and pleasant. When I went back to ask about guest laundry, the woman at the desk said "we don't have one.There's a washing machine and dryer in the breezeway." Whaaa? It reminded me of Starbucks where the clerks will debate semantics with you over small, medium and large cups of coffee and try to correct your vocabulary if you use the wrong word "small coffee." Then I asked if I could buy laundry soap and dryer sheets. "Ummm... we don't have that." I thought it was strange that they would expect travelers to carry their own laundry supplies. I went a couple of blocks down Main to Star Laundromat instead.

I was traveling budget, but a clean and roach-free room doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation. This Super 8 location exceeded that with free wi-fi that worked, a sparkling clean pool and better than expected accommodations.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool. Roomier parking on that side, and cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Duncanville
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was so shocked by this property. We would not take or shoes off and walk around on the floor. They had only been vacuumed in the main area not between the beds or by the walls where dirty had collected. The bedspread was dirty, the sheets were stained, and the pillows were worn out. I am sure they had been washed but stains make them appear dirty. The ice bucket was dirty and had a coulpe of dead insects in it. If we had somewhere else we could have gone that night we would have left. The lamps in the room only half of them worked. The people at the front desk clearly were just there for a paycheck and probably receive min wage. They had no customer service skills at all. The people were so loud in the next room and out side having a party that you couldnt sleep. room and out side having a party that you couldnt sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels