“Could not have a bath for 2 nights.”

Super 8 Fredericksburg
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed October 10, 2012

No water to take bath for 2 nights. Management did not really care and only took off $20.00 off of bill. I booked my reservations way in advance and told them I had to have a lower floor due to my Jewelry cases are heavy. My husband can not carry them up stairs. So we could not move to a upper floor room, we were told they were sold out anyways. The whole town hotels always sale out due to the huge Oktoberfest Festival. We bathed using the ice buckets from the sink where you brush your teeth. Also the people behind the front desk told me they knew the room showers did not work and could never be fixed before they even put us in the room. They put us in the room knowing it had no water to take a shower. Anything for a buck....we have been a loyal customer for 4 to 5 years at that hotel for business.

Also the next door neighbors started fighting at 12:30 am Sunday morning, for about an hour. I call the front desk and they said they could not tell them what to do .....but I could call the police if I wanted.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Summary:
You can't beat the price of this hotel, in this town. If you want a hotel that is in walking distance to the main attraction (the town and it's shops/restaurants) without breaking the bank then this is a GREAT hotel for you. If you want a hotel with plush beds, flat screen tv's, and balconies then this IS NOT the hotel for you. Those types of hotels can be found in Fredericksburg, but at 2-3 times the cost of this Super *.

My Experience:
This hotel is always one of the lowest prices in Fredericksburg. On top of that, it has a very good location off of Main Street. It is within walking distance of the shops on main street, along with most of the restaurants. We paid $49 for a Thursday night in July (Prime Time) where other hotels in close proximity, some not as nice as this one, were $139 and higher.

The hotel itself is your average Super 8. Nothing fancy and nothing terrible. The rooms are very basic, ours had a fridge. The room was clean and comfortable upon arrival. There is a nice pool on the property, no hot tub. If you want a nicer room than these in Fredericksburg, you will have to pay a large premium. There is also a little continental breakfast at the front office. It is a below average breakfast and mainly consists of bread products. However, this was not a factor for us. We were able to wake up, walk to a German bakery, and eat a wonderful breakfast..... what more could you want?

Tip: Always know what your booking and what your needs are. A great hotel for me, may not be a great hotel for you and vice-versa.

Room Tip: Book early if you can! These rooms really are a great price and fill up fast especially when people...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have been staying here for years and every year it keeps getting worse. It is in dire need of a complete remodel, better yet a tear down and rebuild We keep going back as the price is really good for the area and the location is within walking distance to shops and restaurants. But this last weeks stay is it for us. It has just gotten too run down. The room we stayed in this time smelled musty, the carpet was dirty, the bed was not comfy, all ameneties were worn. The a/c was super loud and sounded like a helicopter every time it cycled on and would wake you up. We didn't get much sleep. I'll spend a little more money and stay elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were very pleased with the Super 8. The room was clean, the service was good and it was a great value. Very convenient to everything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is in a great location for a easy walk to all the shops & a good selection of restaurants/bars. The room is average, comes with small fridge & microwave. We never made it to the continental breakfast. The A/C definitely worked. Would stay here again for the value & location.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotelis very well located on the main street close to all the shops and not too far from Wallmart. The rooms were of a good standard, clean and comfortable. The rate for thecroom was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly
The free breakfast was a joke,
Don't even waste your time unless you like cold stale pastries and nasty coffee

But the real problem is the parking lot
I own a Mustang and I am a very experienced adult driver
the entrance to the parking lot is so steep that I nearly scraped of my exhaust system
Exiting the parking lot was just as bad
the parking spaces are to small also
I had to park several doors away from my room and close to the pool, so that I could rest not worrying if my car was going to get hit during the night
If there would have been some place else in town to stay ( every place in town was booked according to a popular online website )
I would have canceled my reservations