“Great location and for a good price”

Super 8 Fredericksburg
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is in a great location for a easy walk to all the shops & a good selection of restaurants/bars. The room is average, comes with small fridge & microwave. We never made it to the continental breakfast. The A/C definitely worked. Would stay here again for the value & location.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotelis very well located on the main street close to all the shops and not too far from Wallmart. The rooms were of a good standard, clean and comfortable. The rate for thecroom was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly
The free breakfast was a joke,
Don't even waste your time unless you like cold stale pastries and nasty coffee

But the real problem is the parking lot
I own a Mustang and I am a very experienced adult driver
the entrance to the parking lot is so steep that I nearly scraped of my exhaust system
Exiting the parking lot was just as bad
the parking spaces are to small also
I had to park several doors away from my room and close to the pool, so that I could rest not worrying if my car was going to get hit during the night
If there would have been some place else in town to stay ( every place in town was booked according to a popular online website )
I would have canceled my reservations

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is close to all the shopping, sight seeing and dinning in Fredericksberg. The rooms are spacious and the A/C was like a gift from heaven in the Texas heat. The room got so cool my wife and I did not want to go out shopping. The guy in the front desk was helpful when the card key wouldn't work and he even let us check in at 12:30pm. Check in is at 2:00pm. Over all it was a nice stay and the swimming pool was clean and useful in mid summer. Our only complaint was the carpet in our room was really dirty. Our 9 month old's feet and knees were dark after crawling around. A bath at night took care of that though. If you're looking for a nice affordable place close to all the Main street shopping, then this hotel might be what you are looking for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked a room for a girls' weekend. I had stayed here before and it was decent and close to shops. This time, I killed a cockroach on the wall. We didn't see any more that day, so thought it was possible it had just come from outside.

The second night as were were about to turn in, there was another roach on our bedside table. My daughter watched it crawl into the alarm clock. I set the clock outside and called the front desk. It was after midnight, so we went ahead and stayed, although we were all feeling like we had bugs crawling all over us.

The next morning, our last, we were eating the free breakfast. We saw a bunch of little bugs crawling on the table. They were baby cockroaches!

We packed up as quickly as we could and checked out. I told the desk clerk as nicely as I could what had happened. He apologized and gave me a discount (less than $20).

That is the last time I will ever stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BettyDee16
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was the worst of the worst, the hotel room smell like someone urinating in the room and bathroom on the floor. The paper cups leaked, the towels were rags -thin.
The bed was uncomfortable ,lumpy.
Believe the room was a smoker room. Coffee was nasty nasty.
Don't stay there save your money and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check out anything but this.