Super 8 Fredericksburg
Best Western Plus Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$110
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
$63
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Peach Tree Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$59
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$180
$150
HIExpress.com
$164
$149
Inn on Barons Creek(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
Sunset Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$56
Hotel Kitsmiller on Main(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$69
Sunday House Inn(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

So where do I begin?

Pros...
Near the shops on main street.

Cons...
Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.
No matter how much bleach you use, you can't get rid of 30+ years of dirt. It was so dirty, all I could think of was how how gross the carpet was, when was the last time they washed the blankets and comforter, the TV remote. Yuckola. To say the rooms needed to be remodeled is a huge understatement. I would stay far far away.

Now for what really happened....
On May 17, 2012 I called and booked a room. Yes, I made the reservation over the phone because their website wasn't working. This should have been my first clue...not to self, read the signs when they are telling you something! I got a confirmation number for checking in May 27 for one night, and checking out May 28. I know this because well, May 27 is my wedding anniversary and we were going to Fredricksburg for our anniversary. We arrive on May 27 at 1:30pm. We can't check in yet, bc check-in is at 2:00, and we are 30 minutes early. Fine. The guy behind the desk looks up our information. He can't find it. And I'd left my confirmation number on my desk 5 hours away in Dallas.

Anyway, back to checking in...he can't find our reservation, and tells me that maybe I made a mistake and booked Fredricksburg, VA. I think to myself, I know I didn't do that. So I pull out my phone, and show him where I dialed his hotel on May 17 and made a reservation, and I know that my credit card was already charged, so I know I had the right hotel. Finally he does some searching and finds that the reservation was made for May 20 and I was charged a no-show fee. Can you feel my blood starting to boil? I was so furious. Mainly because the guy, John, behind the front desk would not own up to his mistake. And basically made it seem like I was the one who had made the mistake. I knew that I hadn't, because well, I'm not an idiot, and knew I would be showing up on May 27.

I finally looked at my husband and told him to take care of it. I left. I went outside and starting calling other places, at this point I'm so pissed I'd rather sleep in my car. And after seeing the condition of the room...I really wish I would have. The story finally ends with the ever-so-un-helpful management making a HUGE concession and giving us a room for the same rate I'd already been charged, and then acted like they were doing us a great favor.

Seriously, don't stay here. Stay at the Hampton Inn across the street. IT IS SO SO NICE!! And they have balconies where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine, and you can still walk to the shops!! Stay away from this hotel, please!

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room: stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mueller98
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Remember Me? I'm the teenage guy that told you that this hotel was built in 1986. And I just want to say some things about our stay here from December 29th-30th, 2011.You gave us a great room location close to the office (room 102).When we got inside the size of the room was great. The only thing that was wrong was the filthy carpet. The bathroom was rather small, and the air conditioner was broken. It sounded like a helicopter when I turned it on! What was so wrong with the service was the breakfast! All they had was cold cerel and milk/juice. That's it! Normally, they would have a nice hot breakfast with donuts, bagels, pancakes, muffins, oatmeal. toast, rolls, etc., so we ate at the newly built McDonald's down the street with pancakes and hot chocolate. (YUM!) My grandfather ( I call him "Dado") was proud of me for choosing this hotel because of the cheap price. And he said, "You are my friend, Joshua", something like that! If you want to see downtown Fredericksburg this is the closest hotel there is to it. I slept very well, despite the uncleanliness of the room. The bed was comfortable at least. Have you guys ever thought about REMODELING the place? If you could, this could be the most attractive motel in town! If you want that, I have, again, 4 words for y'all - PLEASE GET A REMODEL!!!!(with 4 exclimation points)

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the front desk, so you won't have to walk outside from, say, room 115, or 215, ALL THE WAY to the fromt desk. That's because this motel has no hallways.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Managed to get the last room on a Friday night whilst on our mini road trip, we paid extra to have a rollaway as they only had a king bed and there were 3 of us.

Located on the main street within walking distance of everything, restaurants. bars, lots of tourist traps and plenty of on street parking.

Room was fine for what we needed plenty of room to have the rollaway in there and there was enough towels and amenites for all 3 of us. There was also a fridge and microwave. Breakfast in the lobby was ok, cereal, juices, coffee, toast, pastries, enough to start you off first thing. Air con unit was rather noisy but at least it was working.

Very pleasant entrance to the property as they had lots of flowering plants in bloom, made it very welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 3B
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Pros:
-This place was very clean, exceptionally so for a Super 8!
-The room was spacious, has all the amenities and was not lacking in bathroom amenities or skimpy on the towels or washcloths. WHICH FOR A SUPER 8, I must admit was suprising, as usually at Super 8, I have had bad luck.
- The room, although not super luxurious, was updated and very clean! Thank you management of Super 8 here! You know what a customer likes and deliver! You had luxurious, name brand, small bathroom soaps and hair shampoo and conditioner! Very nice touch!
- The bed was very nice as were the linens and the pillows were great!
- Breakfast was served in the small lounge next to the lobby and was really nice, with ample area to eat and a very nice amount and variety of food.
- It was a short walk to any restaurant and downtown was only 3 or 4 short blocks away to all the fun and activity!
- Parking is free and very spacious!
-Best value for your money! Would stay here over and over!

Cons-
- Maybe just a tad of updating on some furniture and fixtures. Nothing major to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The fire alarm in my room was dangling by the wires, there was trash on the bathroom floor, the a.c. didn't work well, the ceiling tiles & the rails on which they sat were disgusting, and the batteries in the t.v. remote were corroded. The manager/owner acted like I was a big inconvenience for asking him to fix it. The wi-fi only works in the first couple rooms, and I was in the back. There were cables available but I wanted to lay in bed & use the internet. I had already taken everything in from the car but I packed up & insisted on a refund. I was offered another room but I only want to pack up the car once per day! I received my refund, but there were no apologies & a very cold, rough goodbye. There is also no mention of a charge for pets but I was assessed $10. I guess I should've known when I saw only 2 other vehicles in the lot.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo