“One of my favorites”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I visited this winery as a part of my self-tour of Fredericksburg wineries. Although I enjoyed every winery and tasting room I visited, Chisolm Trail was one of my favorites. The atmosphere is very relaxed, comfortable and pleasant. The lady who helped me with my tastings was very pleasant and patient, as well as informative about all of the wines they offered. I enjoyed taking my time with each tasting, wondering around the shop, which had some other interesting items. I happily left with several bottles of wine and have enjoyed them. Those visiting should note that the opening time on weekdays is a bit later than other wineries. I forgot that when I visited so arrived too early.

Visited October 2013

Springfield, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Good wine, but out of pizza!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We drove over from Houston on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. We arrived around 2pm thinking we would eat when we got there as we hadn't eaten lunch. We ordered a flight of wine, which were all very good. But, when we went to the kitchen, there was a sign that said "All out of pizza". What? I realize it was Labor Day weekend, but they had only been open for 2 hours, and we had planned to stay for awhile and eat there. They had 4 more hours of being open for business and no food. Thought that was poor planning. They could at least have had cheese and fruit plates to order. But, there was nothing.

The food issue aside, the band was very lively and played well. And, we enjoyed trying all the wines. It was also grape stomp weekend, and that was alot of fun.

Visited September 2013
Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun Grape Stomp Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stopped by for their grape stomp event and had fun. The wines we sampled were superb and a reasonable price. They also had a good live band, a horseshoe toss, and a grape stomp area. It made for a fun afternoon event.

Visited September 2013
Dallas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Worth The Drive!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a little out of the way - but SO worth it! The pizza was amazing! Would come for that alone - made on Fri/Sat/Sun! Chef brought out yummy samples before and after our order ...wine was good and staff was knowledgeable and friendly! Will be back!

Visited May 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wine and Pizza....YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Totally worth the drive! We almost always end our wine trail day at Chisholm Trail for wonderful pizza and wine.

You can't go wrong by stopping at this winery. Mike makes a fabulous wood fire brick oven pizza. We travel from San Antonio at least once a month just for the pizza! And the wine.... there is something there for everyone. The new Yellow Parasol is amazing! Never tasted anything like it!

Definitley worth the drive. Paula the owner has done a wonderful job. It is even kid friendly. They have giant checker boards and horseshoes to play outside. Beautiful porch to sit and sip on wine and enjoy the scenery. They have to hilarious donkeys - Jack and Daisy. They are super friendly. We visit at least once a month and always look forward to our next visit.

You can even dress up in the costumes and take funny pictures. The staff and owner are very personable. Rebecca is always super friendly and Mike always knows just how we want our pizza! Great place and even better people!

Visited January 2013