“Love this winery!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cypress, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love this winery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just returned from my first Fredericksburg experience. I was so happy that my boyfriend and I decided to stop by one more winery on our way home. Hilmy Cellars was the first winery that we visited that I enjoyed all of the wines! Needless to say, I joined their wine club and am now a Flocker!
Caitlyn and Vinnie were very helpful and informative. Love the fact that they have live animals on site that help with pest control so no pesticides are used.
Looking forward to my wine shipments!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Brandi T

San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best Winery on the Texas 290 Wine Road!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were fortunate enough to find Hilmy Cellars about a month after they opened and immediately joined their wine club. It is a smaller winery but everyone is made to feel welcome by the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Owners Eric and Neldie Hilmy have created a fabulous winery and produce some of the best Texas wines to be found. Hilmy has a nice patio out back with views of some of the vineyards. There is limited food available to purchase or you can bring a picnic to enjoy with some good wine. If you are looking for a great wine tasting experience, look no further than Hilmy Cellers!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank AKgal1961
Park City, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“"Great Little Winery"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife & I came here for a tasting on a Saturday afternoon. Even though they were busy, we were greeted immediately, & we were provided with a very informative tasting. They have some great reds, although they were sold out of a couple of them.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank EddyReimer
Spring, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Smaller Selection of Wine but Every Wine is Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

No matter what kind of wine you like, you will like every single wine available at Hilmy. You might prefer some over the others, but you can't find a bad one.

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Favorite Winery near Fredericksburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My mother and I decided to stop at a winery on our way into town for a long weekend. We passed several and just randomly picked Hilmy to visit because it was on our side of the road and easy to get to. Best decision we made the entire trip!

The winery itself is beautiful. They have a large bar/tasting area, along with an area set up with all kinds of cute board games and such. Not sure anyone uses them, but it looked cute. We were welcomed by two young people, a girl at a computer and the young guy behind the bar. I think his name was Josh. They were very welcoming. There were also two large dogs who never even looked up and slept during our entire visit. So cute. Evidently they guard the vineyards from deer at night.

Our wine knowledge was (and probably still is) pretty limited. Josh however was so friendly and informative. We ended up visiting several other wineries during our trip, and he was by far the most knowledgable, or at least the one most willing to share his knowledge. He was personable and made the experience so much fun. For $10 we got to taste each of their 5 wines, and they were all very good. Especially "The Temp"!

Can't wait to go back next year!

Visited October 2013