“Great place to stay with kids”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Antonio, Texas
“Great place to stay with kids”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Took my family here for three days. I have a 17 year old and a 5 year old and the pool is perfect for family's. They had two slides and lots of kids swimming around for them to play with.

The rooms were very nice. They were clean with a refrigerator and separate sitting area.

All the staff that I encountered were very nice.

The hotel is about two blocks away from the main street where all the action is. It's close enough if you don't mind walking or you can make the short drive.

If your brining young kids with you to town this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay off Main St. Not far from everything. Pool is very relaxing and reminds me of a resort. Rooms very nice. Lobby nice and quite. Breakfast bar nice and is typical of Holiday Inn Express. Overall a great three night stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Temple, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I live about 2 hours away from Fredericksburg and it is our favorite place to visit when we need to get away for a few days. We have stayed at 3 different motels in this town and this is the one that we will be returning to when we come the next time.

We stayed in a King suite which was on the 3rd floor and we had a wonderful view of the pool area. (Unfortunately we forgot our swim suits.) Air conditioning worked great. Bathroom was roomy and towels were thick and absorbent. The linens on the bed were of a good quality and everything is white, so you know that all the sheets, blankets etc. are laundered in hot water and are very clean! The room itself had lots of room to move around and a very comfortable arm chair with good lighting. (I hate having to sit on a bed to read or watch tv.) The carpet passed my "ok to walk barefoot" test. Breakfast was good and had plenty of options to choose from. We stayed Wed - Friday and the breakfast area was never crowded.

I am a picky traveler and this place gets a big thumbs up from me!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is not quite a year old and very convenient. The front desk staff is particularly helpful and the room we had was large with nice amenities. The complimentary breakfast is adequate but the eggs were not that great (the frozen kind). Great cinnamon rolls, bacon, oatmeal packets, bananas, biscuits and gravy, and assorted bagels or toast. The coffee is adequate but not great but they do have a nice selection of hot tea. Nice new furnishings and very soft sheets.

Room Tip: The suites have a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave but only styrofoam cups so you might want...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Texmission
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After staying in areas where only Mom and Pop motel/hotels were, it is pure relief and joy to return to Fredericksburg's Holiday Inn Express. This new property, located about 1/2 mile from the town's main street, is a delight in every sense, for the price. Reservations for weekends are a must, as it fills up with all the town's activities. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms very clean, very nice bedding, well lit baths, lush towels, large screen TVs, sound proofed rooms, complimentary coffee and tea in rooms plus full breakfast in lobby. The pool is 'resort style' with slides and landscaping and there is a small workout room. What's not to like? We now search out a Holiday Inn Express in every town that we can and skip the Mom and Pop hotels as they do not update/improve as needed. The only thing the HIE needs is a magnified make-up mirror in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor, if available, for convenience. Often times, they will upgrade you to help you...
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel is new, clean, light, and spacious. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful. I've stayed here a number of times--and I have 2 employees staying here for 4 months--while we service a customer in FBG. My employees really like it also. The suite room is wonderful...very roomy, very brightly-lit bathroom (my pet peeve is dark rooms/bathrooms). Only tiny quibbles: small closet space, and no soap dish. Oh woe is me! LOL I think I"ll survive without a soap dish. I never have a problem with immediate check-ins and staying as long as I want. They even accommodated me on my last stay and let me stay in my room for a few hours past check-out time (for a very small fee) so I could get on my conference calls in peace.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked a king room, high floor, away from elevators for one night. When we arrived at 1:30, we were told no rooms were ready yet and to come back at 3. Came back at 3, room not ready yet and this hotel has a 3 pm check in time! Had to wait in our car in the parking lot for another hour! Uncalled for! No apology, front desk lady, Vicky, didn't seem to know what was even going on. Then we receive a room key and the number tells me the room is on the first floor so I say that we would like a room on any floor but the first floor and she tells me that all king rooms are only on the first floor. I didn't believe that for one second, but Vicky stuck to her story. We have stayed in many HI express and had a king room that was not on the ground floor. The room was way too expensive to be on ground level! It was a miserable night facing a loud parking lot with lots of motorcycles revving up into the wee hours, people going in and out of a door right next to our room, ice machine right next to our room with people spilling so much ice in the hallway, the water was coming under our door! Loud, obnoxious people in hallway until 2 am. Front desk did nothing about this. We are priority club members so I would hate to see how they treat non-members.

2 Thank Jenny31991
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Jenny31991,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for the overall issues you had during your stay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M