“Beautiful!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great, new facility! The grounds and facilities are beautiful! It would be great to just vacation in the hotel! The only problem was the lack of Internet. This was an ongoing problem and they need to get it figured out. No one was able to help and the frustration with that overshadowed some of the other positives.

Room Tip: Upstairs balcony rooms are great! Wonderful balcony!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg

Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you havent been to Fredericksburg since last spring, you must give this place a try. It's imaculate and the staff is wonderfull. The rooms were exactly what I had asked for when I made the reservations and the breakfast was hot, filling and full of protien. Everything was working properly and a burnt out lightbulb was replaced imediatly. This was the most perfect stay that we have ever had.

Room Tip: The suits are roomy and comfortable, if you need the extraroom but the regular rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garygorsich
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This brand new Holiday Inn Express was a breath of fresh air. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The interior of the hotel was beautifully decorated, the breakfast was great. So many choices...and all were delicious. There is a pool to die for. The only problem was that it was January and we couldn't take advantage of it. The landscaping was beautiful...waterfalls, slides, fire pits, islands and hot tubs. This was more like a mini resort than just a hotel in a small town. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the rooms were really beautiful. I also appreciated being recognized as a Priority Club member.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This place is a surprise, from the staff to the room and amenities. Our spacious room with balcony overlooked the large pool, although all we did is look, since it was early December. Breakfast is criticized by some reviewers, but you won't get a complaint from us. One caution: While the hotel is an easy short drive from Main Street, with all its shops and hell-bent traffic, it is not in our opinion a short walk -- and we're walkers. Busy highway and no sidewalks most of the way; still, we heard no noise in our room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We drove 2.5 hours to visit Fredericksburg for the weekend. After doing a lot of research, we decided on the HI Express based on the price and location to town. Check in was a breeze and we were placed on the top floor on the pool side. We couldn't hear much outside noise except you can hear other people shutting their doors in the hallway. This town goes to sleep early though so I wouldn't expect to hear any noise after 9 pm anyways. The rooms were spacious and brand new. Breakfast was what you would expect, I wish they had more fresh fruit though. All of the employees here were helpful and friendly. We really couldn't ask for more for a weekend trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emma2303
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed there with family for New Years Eve and had a wonderful time.
The nicest HI Express property I've ever stayed at (and I am a frequent HI customer!)
The pool is just fantastic, with fire pits, cascades and hot spa. Interiors are also trendy for a HI.
New property, service standards still have a lot to achieve. There was not enough personnel on New Year's Day so no housekeeping; we had to make our own beds. Management didn't even noticed or apologized.
10-minute walk to Main St. Fredericksburg. Nice, peaceful town. I absolutely recommend it for a weekend or holiday stay.

Room Tip: Book a suite with terrace and pool view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean but I was overcharged for two nights and the hotel refuses to refund my money! I had made a reservation for Dec 28th with checkout on the 31st. Then added another night for the 31st. When I arrived at the hotel I explained that I had made two seperate reservations because a king room was not available for the 31st. They said that would be no problem we just might have to check out and check back in to another room, which was not problem for us. On the morning of the 31st I went to the checkin counter to try and get thinks straightened out, the two ladies at the counter(Vickie and Julie) were overwhelmed and had no idea what was going on. I explained my situation and they got on the computer, Vickie said it would be no problem and they could find us another king room but she would have to book it seperately and cancel my other reservation. She said to go back to our room and they would call us when the new room was ready. We waited a couple of hours and received no responce, so I went back to the counter and they siad ley me check on your room. Then they explained that they had given away our new king room!, would I mind taking two queens. At this point I just wanted a room so I agreed. The rest of our stay was uneventful until I arrived home and checked my bank statement. I had been charged for two extra rooms that I did not stay in. I immediately called the hotel and talked to the two ladies that had caused all of this mess in the firest place. They had no idea what was going on and kept telling me I had stayed in rooms that I never stayed in. Finally they figured out that there was reservations under my name that were charged a no show fee! These are the very reservations that were created by the front desk ladies!! How can I be a no show when I'm checked in to your hotel! They refused to credit my account claiming tthat I made these reservations and then didnt show up, when this was done my the incompatent staff on site. I then asked to speak to the general manager. He simply repeated what had already been said and that it was my fault that so many reservations had been made. I will be following up with higher authorities at Holiday Inn, but this is ridicoulous! How could I no show when I was checked in to the hotel!! This is the worst customer service I have ever received and I have traveled all over the world. Please do not stay here and please pass on the word. This was a terrible experience that ruined my whole trip!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Christopher D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Christopher D,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you found our hotel nice and clean. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C