“It doesn't get better than this.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“It doesn't get better than this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

My stay at Two Wee Cottages proved to me that these Trip Advisor reviews speak the truth. We stayed at the Granny Hein House (one of two cottages at this B&B) for our five year anniversary, and it couldn't have been better.

When we pulled up to the cottage and let ourselves in, I couldn't believe we were going to have this cute, spacious little cottage to ourselves. Shortly after we arrived, Skip showed up and gave us a brief tour of where everything was and how it worked. He was very nice and helpful, and after that we had TOTAL privacy.

The (full-sized) kitchen was stocked with filtered water, coffee, orange juice, milk, butter, jam, fruit cups, soda, cereal, and tea. They provided us with a loaf of YUMMY fresh baked bread, a plate of cookies, and a pastry for next morning's breakfast. The following day, another pastry magically showed up on our porch, as well as refills on our juice and water, as requested. On the second night, they also surprised us with cake--I don't know if it was because it was our anniversary, or if they always do that, but it was a very nice touch.

Speaking of the porch, the covered porch is wonderful... It's huge and screened in, and has a hot tub, as well as a seating area. We had a thunderstorm one of the nights, and I sat out there and enjoyed the rain (without getting wet). It was nice to take several dips in the hot tub, which was completely private. Outside the covered porch is a beautiful backyard with a gazebo, a fish pond, a grill, and a hammock. They really make you feel at home here, and as I said, we had total privacy.

The living area has a huge TV, and they do have a large movie library available at all times, which is nice. The bedroom has a very comfortable king-sized bed with (I believe) a down comforter. There is also a small flat screen TV on the bedroom wall.

The bathroom is cute, and Kate stocks it with lots of extras toiletries for the ladies.

This B&B is located about eight blocks from Main street, so you can walk there easily. Driving is no big deal, as we never had problems finding parking.

I really couldn't think of a better place to stay while in Fredericksburg. Especially since it's the price of a nice (not luxury) hotel, but so much better than a hotel could ever be. I look forward to coming back sometime.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Chester, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

A haven--just what we needed to conclude our trip to Austin and the Hill Country. Just far enough away from the bustle of the downtown area but easy access to the attractions we wanted to visit (Enchanted Rock, Kerrville Folk Festival, LBJ Ranch, Luckenbach, etc). The superb hosts, Kate and Skip, provide amenities that make the Cottages a real value including way too many delicious treats. Frederickburg will be on the agenda when we visit again from South Carolina just because of this special place--2 Wee Cottages.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

Let's just say, that was the most romantic time we have ever spent in our life. My Little House was the perfect getaway for Carol and I. The little touches everywhere, the great breakfasts and afternoon snacks were so delicious. This was the first time for us to visit Fredericksburg and we will visit you again. It's kind of like meeting the right person the first time, you just don't want to try out any other B&B's.

Thanks Kate and Skip

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I were given the "dream gift" from our daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. It was a stay at Granny Hein's Bed and Breakfast, a part of 2 Wee Cottages in Fredericksburg, Texas. I cannot remember having a more relaxed and rewarding vacation! The antique cottage was beyond compare! The food, privacy, decor, and quiet surrondings were so wonderful! The hot tub was...well, WOW, is all I can say! There was soft music playing when we arrived along with a snack and beautiful surroundings! The whole experience was like the most expensive "spa" you could go to...and you were able to just crawl in the wonderful antique bed afterwards and sleep until your heart's content! I give this place an excellent rating...and, would like to even have an "Above Excellent" rating in which to mark. Check this place out, if you need a relaxing, refreshing get-a-way! It will do the trick! Thank you Kate and Skip!

Tomball, t
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This place far exceeded our expectations. We travel to bed and breakfasts across the country and this is one of the best we have ever stayed at. The privacy offered by the individual cottages is great, and the attention to detail paid by Skip and Kate is very impressive. Our only regret was we wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

My girlfriend and I took a trip to the Two Wee Cottages for 3 nights during May of 2008 to celebrate her college graduation and my birthday. Previously we had purchased a 2-night stay for her parents as a Christmas gift, who also had an excellent stay. All we had to go on was the stellar Trip Advisor ratings and her parents confirmation that it was enjoyable, so we thought sure, why not. What we found was not simply good - it was truly one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. The attentiveness of the owners is perfect - because not only do they deliver on service, but they also leave you alone, with just the right balance between the two.

We drove by the property several times before finding it - honestly you'd never know the two cottages were on the property just driving by, as they're perfectly nestled behind the owner's home and tree cover. We were staying at the Granny Hein house, so we pulled up in the private driveway, and walked towards the cottage. Immediately we noticed a huge number of "little things" that quickly told us how dedicated the owners are to their property. Accents like little statues, a porch swing of sorts, little decorations, landscaping, the works - and this was just the front, we hadn't been inside or behind the cottage yet. The husband met us and immediately gave us a tour of the cottage.

Important note: the inside of the cottage wasn't clean - it was utterly immaculate. I don't think I could have found dust if I had tried, let alone dirt or worse. We felt like we had been transported back in time to a model country home from the turn of the century...but with modern amenities. Again, the attention to detail was incredible, especially in the kitchen. We had pastries waiting, the fridge was stocked, and opening the cabinets one can find almost every possible tool you'd find in your own kitchen. Truly experiencing the cottage would probably takes weeks - you understand quickly that this is the kind of place that if you had the time and money, you could really make it a second home in a heartbeat.

The bedroom had a huge bed, antique furniture is located throughout...but both the bedroom and living room have flat screen TVs (the living room now 40 inch high def) and DVD players. The enclosed porch is phenomenal. You'll find an incredibly fun hot tub, hundreds of magazines, books, CDs, just tons of entertainment. During our stay, we'd wake up around 7am every day and go take a soak before starting our day. I've been told this hot tub has also recently been upgraded.

How is the service? Awesome. Upon arrival, we had the initial pastries, as well as several site and restaurant guides to get us started in Fredericksburg. Twice a day, a different baked item will be left discretely on the back porch. One time was danishes, another was a beautiful fresh-baked loaf of bread, another time chocolate cake! The owners keep a huge DVD movie library, and you're free to call them anytime and they'll bring over any title you want - plus they brought popcorn!

The backyard contained a koi pond (they let us feed them), outdoor seating, a grill, a hammock, and again, all of those little accents that really make everything special.

What's possibly the best feature? You're left alone. We got a key to the cottage when we arrived, and save for requesting our movie or happening to be in the hot tub once when they brought over pastries one time, we never saw the owners. Understand, they are WONDERFUL people. Seriously, they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. But when you're out at a B&B for a few days with your spouse/partner, well, let's just say you probably want to be left alone for various reasons. It's fantastic being given basically the run of your own home for your stay, and yet knowing the owners are always available within minutes if you need them for any reason. There's a reason Two Wee Cottages is #1 in Fredericksburg. And hey, now with free wi-fi too!

We're heading back in a couple of months. Unlike other vacations, where you have to deal with travel hassles, hidden fees, unwilling customer service, and often have to take a vacation to recover from your vacation - staying here is truly a real vacation. You will leave rested, content, and aching to come back.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marsala50
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

Upon arriving at My Little House I quickly realized two days was not nearly enough time to soak up the peaceful, serene setting that is 2 Wee Cottages. This truly is the most beautiful and tranquil B&B I have ever been to! The cottages afford plenty of privacy and the hot tub on the screened-in porch was the icing on the cake. The home baked treats that miraculously appeared each day were unbelievable, my fiance and I were like little kids on Christmas waiting for the goodies to arrive! The cottage itself was clean and spacious and the owners thought of every little detail when providing for their guests. I would very highly recommend 2 Wee Cottages to anyone and everyone, this slice of paradise is too good to pass up!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple