“Clean, affordable, very friendly staff.”

Best Western Plus Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Clean, affordable, very friendly staff.”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Great hotel, minutes from downtown mainstreet........affordable, quiet and worth the rate.
All requests I made with reservation on-line were granted with no problems.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I arrived on a Tuesday afternoon after driving for five hours. I called the Front Desk before I arrived and spoke to Tom. I asked him if I could possibly check in a little early. He told me "yes" the room was ready. My room was clean and the surroundings were quiet.
I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast, which included "make your own waffles", bagels, bisquits and gravy, cereal and fruit, along with several beverage choices too.
I really like the amenities which included a microwave and fridge.
I will recommend this Best Western to others and will stay here again the next time I come.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The hotel staff (Tom & Jerry at the front desk) was courteous, efficient and friendly. The hotel lobby was great, with beautiful fireplace, nice seating and Internet computer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We went for a weekend trip to Fredricksburg, TX from San Antonio and enjoyed staying in the Best Western Hotel. The front desk clerks were very accommodating and even let us upgrade our room upon request at a moment's notice. The room was clean and it beat most $200 rooms we've booked in Vegas. In other words, we got what we paid for, for a lot less in Fredricksburg. The breakfast was also nice and we'll definitely stay there again for any future weekend trips!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This is a newer property. Everything was clean, however, the towels were very thin and dingy. The breakfast was rolls, waffles and cereal. It is a very poorly insulated place ..not for the light sleeper. Doors were slamming all the time. We paid $149 for the night. It was an $89/night place. Take your earplugs!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Management of this motel has shady business practices and is downright offensive to its customers.
My wife and I were traveling with two other couples. I had reserved three rooms. All of us arrived at the same time, filled out registration cards and provided individual credit cards. (We now realize that) the front desk screwed up our registrations very badly (no room was assigned to our name, two rooms were assigned to one of our friends but with our credit card, etc). On departure day, we checked out individually.

THE HOTEL BILLED OUR CREDIT CARD TWICE!

I called and was put in contact with the manager (MEL). Not only did he refuse to acknowledge their mistakes and correct the double billing, but he became very personally offensive, implying that somehow we were trying to scam him out of one night's lodging. He suggested that he had what he wanted and I should collect from our friends.

All hotels will make mistakes. The hotels you want to deal with will correct their mistakes and treat their customers with respect. Here, they don't know how to spell "customer."

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank pedoselle
Southeast Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2010

A family emergency 900 miles away caused me to have to cut or trip short. The hotel Desk called me @ 4:00 PM to confirm my reservations and I told them that I would have to cancel the second night. The clerk at first refused because of a 2 night minimum. When I told him that that was never mentioned to me when I made the reservations, he then refused because of a 24 hour minimum cancelation notice. I reminded him that it was a family emergency and this was 23 hours notice they still refused. They agreed to refund my money after proof from the hospital of the emergency, but then reneged on his promise after the hospital sent him proof. I confirmed after the fact that he was indeed booked at 100% on the nights in question and he sold bolth of my rooms after he charged me $250.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends