“Best Western Fredricksburg”

Best Western Plus Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice hotel with good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, and in a convenient location. Last minute overnight trip booked late so options were limited but pleased with result. Was a littler nervous upon reading reviews but I did not find anything wrong with my stay.

1  Thank Judy S
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Fredericksburg

Reviewed September 4, 2013

On Aug 31st I reserved two rooms at this hotel for Saturday, Sep 21. I am absolutely sure that I requested the correct date. On the 3rd of Sep I received an email asking me to complete a survey on my recent stay. I had no idea what this was about until I checked my confirmation and found out that it was for Sunday, Sep 1st. Obviously I should have checked my confirmation but I have never had this happen before so I just assumed that the date was correct. There is absolutely no way that I could have gotten the wrong date (Sep 1 vs Sep 21) and wrong day (Sun vs Sat). I immediately called the hotel and was given the manager. She was rude and basically told me tough s---. She was totally unwilling to work with me even though I still needed rooms for the 21st. This weekend is special to my family and many of our friends who have reservations at this hotel but everyone will be cancelling and they will not be getting our business anytime in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hotel was in a Good location. It was off the Main Rd. but close enough to not be problem. The hotel met all my expectations, and more. The breakfast was good and gave you a good start to the day. We were there in the middle of the week so the traffic was not a problem, which was nice. I would stay at this Best Western again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and stepdaughter. The property is in great condition; the decor is unique and personalized. There were a lot of unique touches in the rooms--western decor, soap trays, ceramic tile floors in the bathrooms, nice sheets, and cute little bottles of mouthwash! The hotel felt very clean and in good condition overall.

Breakfast was pretty standard fare, but the biscuits and gravy were nice and hot, not lukewarm. So that is good.

The only reason this hotel gets four stars, and as funny as it sounds, is coffee issues. Coffee is a very important ritual for me. I had my little coffeemaker in my room all set up to go the night before. Only, when I hit start, it wouldn't start. It was plugged in and everything, just wouldn't initiate. Okay then, I will just get coffee at breakfast. So the coffee at breakfast is from a coffee machine, sort of like the "cappuccino" machines at gas stations, but not really. I must admit that it was a little confusing to operate. It took me a minute. So I get my coffee, and I realize it is instant coffee made from a powder mixed with water. NOT GOOD. Also, there is no dairy creamer available, only the powder. At the end of breakfast, an older gentleman went up to the coffee machine, and looked a little confused. I was walking up to him to show him how to use it, but I wasn't quick enough. He put his cup under the coffee button and not under the place where the coffee comes out, like you would on a soda machine. He burned his hand with the coffee! I felt so bad. The machine is a little confusing, so I would encourage the owners to brew the coffee and use those airpots like most places do (and get half and half little creamers).

When I went to the front desk to ask for a different coffeemaker for my room, the girl said she thought they were all in storage and she was new, and she didn't have the key. When I asked if we could just get one from a vacant room, she said no, because she was the only one there. I have never worked at a hotel, but it doesn't seem like a difficult problem to fix. So in the end, I had to go somewhere else for coffee.

Other than that, I really liked the hotel. I would stay again -- will just bring some mini moos creamers and make sure my coffee pot turns on the night before!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Carrie L
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The headquarters for our family reunion provided excellent facilities for family members from Texas, Tennessee, and Louisiana. We enjoyed the breakfast service, the pool and the rooms, but the outstanding feature was the staff. Patient and well informed personnel answered our many questions about Fredericksburg and the area. They made excellent suggestions about restaurants, shopping, museums, and wineries. Everybody had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Walter H
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter decided to skip big wedding planning and go with a small/private ceremony by the falls in Pedernales Falls State Park and dinner in Fredericksburg. We needed a relatively inexpensive and comfy place to sleep. The internet price here was a bargain compared to other hotels so we went with this. It turned out to be a perfect place for our stay. The room was clean, beds comfy and surroundings quite. The breakfast was good with great Texas shaped waffles. It closed at 9:30AM but the staff went out of their way to accommodate us on our first morning as we showed up at closing time. The grooms parents stayed at this hotel as well and I stayed up late with his father enjoying conversing about our children's future together pool side on some nice rocking chairs. I will definitely keep Best Western in mind for future planning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice décor for Texas Hill Country. Plush beds and HD TV. Breakfast buffet was very good. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Only problem was a funky smell in room which went away when I turned down the temperature. I suggest an upper floor away from the elevator for a quieter room.

1  Thank LDIT