Walnut Canyon Guest Cabins
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$110
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
$63
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Peach Tree Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$59
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$180
$150
HIExpress.com
$164
$149
Sunset Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$56
Hotel Kitsmiller on Main(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$69
Sunday House Inn(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
Inn on Barons Creek(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
Travelocity
All reviewsrocky topfarm fresh eggsalamo springs cafetree housethese cabinsback porchbeautiful drivebiscuitslookout cabinold tunnel state parksecluded cabinhill countrybreakfast suppliescharcoal grillmilky waycanadian baconsaw deer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I took a weekend getaway and stayed at Walnut Canyon Cabins. I let my husband take care of booking the cabins and didn't know what to expect. I was delightfully and extremely impressed. The cabins were very clean and new with beautiful views. The kitchen was stocked with exactly what we needed for our weekend stay including coffee and fresh brown eggs. David and Laurie are extremely friendly and make you feel at home. It was very quiet and peaceful. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Myinner C
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My girlfriend Christi and I went there during Thanksgiving week to get away from the busy Houston life for a day or two....We stayed in "the Woods" cabin and could not have been more pleased with the cabin, the view or the hospitality! Very clean, very quiet and the fresh farm eggs in the fridge were the perfect touch. We plan on coming back to visit Walnut Canyon Guest Cabins until we have stayed at all three cabins (one more was in construction!) then we will start over again! Close enough to Fredricksburg, Texas, but far enough away as well.
Thanks to David and his Family for a wonderful place to get away!
God Bless!

Room Tip: After seeing the Cabins, We recommend "The Woods" for first timers. Great views off the back porch.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

David and Laurie,

Thanks again for the great hospitality. We were looking for the perfect get away to spend
our 30th wedding anniversary. Wow, did we find it. The Look Out cabin was perfect and the
views were spectacular. Spending lots of time at the nearby vineyards and the Alamo Springs
Cafe was great but couldn't wait to get back to the cabin. We will be back with the family!!!

Thanks again, Rory and Laura - Corpus Christi Texas

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

After returning to work from a fantastic weekend riding motorcycles in the Texas Hill Country, I felt compelled to send a thank you note to the proprietor of the Walnut Canyon Guest Cabins, David. If you are in this neck of the woods, it is an absolute no brainer where to stay. David is a customer service God. I originally reserved the Lookout because that was what was available and my father and I had a priority on a nice place to smoke a cigar after a long day riding. From the back porch of all three of these cabins you can see for 40 miles in 180 degrees. It's perfect. Not to mention there are handmade gliding rocking chairs on the back porch as well. In any case, David called me about two weeks prior to our arrival date to let me know he changed our reservation to The Woods Cabin because he had a cancellation. He did this because originally I had mentioned to him on the phone it would be my father and I and so he changed us to the cabin where he felt we would be more comfortable. I didn't ask him to do this, he just did it because he is conscientious and a cut above the rest. Here is a copy of what I wrote him:

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to thank you for the very pleasant stay at your cabin. My Dad and I enjoyed the weather, the roads, and the sights but we agreed the highlight of this trip was the cabin. The cleanliness was impeccable and the views spectacular. However, I think your personal touches made the most difference. It’s obvious you take a lot of pride in what you do.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank truckersoul
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We planned a "mini" vacation months in advance and when the Bastrop fires cancelled our plans, I scrambled for another reservation. David was able to accommodate us on Tues. for a cabin starting two days later. We stayed in The Woods cabin and it was not only clean but the quality of the workmanship on the cabin itself was great. David, our host, built the cabins and we had a chance to look at all three while we were there. We stayed an extra night in order to enjoy the view off the back deck. He was able to offer us information about biking areas and we visited LBJ Ranch while we were. Sunday, we attended David's church and he made sure we felt very welcomed. We definitely recommend this host and the Walnut Canyon cabins. The only thing I didn't rate as excellent would be that the bed was a bit too soft but this is strictly a personal preference.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple