“1950's Throw Back.”

Dooley’s 5-10 & 25c Store
Ranked #5 of 45 Shopping in Fredericksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: For a taste of "the good old days" Stop by ad see us. From our wooden floors to our pressed metal ceilings, we are truly and Old Fashioned Variety Store just like when Grandma and Grandpa were kids!!!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The only reason I didn't give this store a 5 rating is because it only accepts cash for purchases. In today's world not many carry a lot of cash. That said, you can lose yourself in all the things that bring back memories of your trips to the 5 & dime when your were a kid growing up in the 50's and 60's. Lots to look at and buy. And yes, I did have some cash so I did get to buy a few things while we were there.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

For those of you looking to reminisce, this is the store to go to. Wooden floors, and the smell of an old time store that's been around for years. This is a great place to find hard to find items such as coin purses, plastic scalp massagers, and all sorts of men's wallets. Great kids toys, kitchen gadgets, and other hard to find items. Be prepared though, cash or checks only, NO credit cards accepted!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I would love to stop in and shop but every time we're passing through they are closed. Even made a special trip on Labor day and they were closed that day too.

1  Thank Bail695
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've been in this place many times and it feels like the old "dime stores" of the past... we love it! We've found things we couldn't locate anywhere else, and their prices are very reasonable. Be sure to spend a little relaxing time wandering around... you'll probably be as tickled as we are with this wonderful old store. The staff are very nice and friendly.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Dooley's is my favorite store in Fredericksburg. A stroll through the store is like a step back in time to days when there was a Five & Dime in most cities. I find items here that I have not seen in years. I took my 6 grandchildren there on one visit to Fredericksburg and they had a ball.