My husband and I hadn't taken a vacation in quite some time so we were really looking forward to our trip to Fredricksburg, Texas. We had heard so many great things about it, it seemed like the perfect get away for a few days. We had never stayed in a B & B so we decided on the Queen Anne offered through management company Absolute Charm. The pictures on the web for any vacation stay are always a chance we take when we choose a place. Such was true with the Queen Anne. We chose to stay in the Kadence suite, which is really the old carriage (garage) house of the main house. We chose it because it was separate and would be private and, we hoped quiet as well. What we found was that the Queen Anne property is on a very busy main road with 18 wheelers travling through at all hours of the day and night. But worse we found the Kadence suite to be very dark and dingy. Here are the problems we found.
1. Cobwebs everywhere
2. Dirty gritty floors
3. Dirty tub.
4. Dim lightening in side the room and no lightening outside the suite at the front door.
5. Extremely unconforable bed. It was supposed to be a Sleep Number Bed, but it felt like we were sleeping on a pull out sofa. Lumpy and dirty as well. We found stains on the bed skirt, so disgusting!
6. Two of the lamps had dead light bulbs .
7. Coffee left for us to brew expired 3 months ago, Apritl 2013.
8. The toilet would not stop running, we had to lift up the tank and reach in there and adjust it.
9. Parking was not allowed on the property but we had to park out on the main dark and busy street.
10. We had gnats in the room and in the bathroom.
11. Bathroom door does not allow for privacy.
I write this for all of you who, like us, want to have a pleasant stay in Fredricksburg, to please be aware of this particular B & B. We we were so very disappointed. Please take caution.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1904, the elegant Queen Anne is truly the grande dame of Fredericksburg B&Bs. You'll find 5 suites inside, plus one cottage outside, each offering a private bath and a King Size Sleep Number bed. Located on historic West Main Street, be close to shopping, dining, and entertainment, but far enough west to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown. Enjoy a full, gourmet breakfast on weekends in our lavish dining room (weekdays receive a breakfast gift certificate to any of our 5 delicious local eateries.) Enjoy an enormous back yard deck, perfect for reunions, receptions, etc., large Hot Springs hot tub, and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Queen Anne Bed And Breakfast And Spa
- Queen Anne Hotel Fredericksburg