To be fair, let me start with the positives. We stayed in the Master Suite, which was very nice. The room was very spacious and clean, and the bed....oh my. The bed was absolutely amazing. Hands down, THE MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
My first issue with this B&B is that it's missing the second "B" - there's no breakfast! Instead, you get a voucher for $12 (per couple, so $6 per person) which you can use toward breakfast at one of five local restaurants. A few problems with this:
1. Every restaurant on the list was closed on either Saturday or Sunday. A little strange, since aren't most people coming for a weekend getaway? No big deal, just a little tricky when trying to strategically plan.
2. $12 was enough to cover about half the cost of the meal, when you include tax and gratuity. It just seems a little stingy. Still, not a big deal, just something we found a little inconvenient.
Also, there weren't any sort of snacks or refreshments provided in the room. Not even a bottle of water. Granted, I haven't stayed at many B&B's, so maybe this is the norm. We just expected maybe there would be SOME kind of something upon arrival...like maybe some fruit or juice or a granola bar.
The next issue we found was with the jacuzzi. It was absolutely wonderful to enjoy the enormous, spa-like, relaxing whirlpool bath....until we turned the jets off. Obviously, the tub had not been used or cleaned in a long while because there were hundreds of particles of dirt and even a few dead bugs floating around with us in the water. Romantic. We exited promptly.
For our last and most awkward complaint, on Saturday night at about 9:30pm, one of the maintenance people tried to WALK INTO our room....without knocking, unannounced. All of the sudden we heard someone fiddling with the doorknob, like they were trying to pick the lock or find the right key. It's important to know that the entrance to the Master Suite is through the garage....where our car was parked. So obviously, we were in the room. My husband inquired through the [closed] door, who was there and what did they want. He replied that he was supposed to fix the hot water heater - we did not even have a hot water heater in our room! It was extremely rude and inconvenient, and downright disturbing that he would have just walked right in without knocking.
When my husband informed the front desk upon checkout, they could not explain why he had been there and did not act like they cared too much about the inconvenience.
All in all, not a terrible experience and it did have some positives....but we won't be back, as there are so many other options around town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victorian Mansion in Fredericksburg's historic district offers 4 private enormous suites in the main house plus a private cottage on the grounds. All suites offer luxurious decor, cable TV, wi-fi, microfiber robes, hot tubs and more! Don't miss your chance to stay in this elegant, historic Fredericksburg landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Victorian Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victorian Mansion Hotel Fredericksburg
- Victorian Mansion Bed And Breakfast