All reviewsbecky's kitchenbollinger cabinchuck wagonmustang bunkhousepear tree cottagebecky sammiss beckythe cantinagreat storiesmy husband and ihomemade biscuits and gravydairy farmgreat hostsother guestseach morninggreat conversationfrittata
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my getaway to this cute bnb. I needed some time alone to reflect and this was just what I needed. Sam and Becky where the best breakfast hosts, making me (and other guests) feel right at home. Becky and I particularly bonded as she is just so warm and heart of gold. My room was so cute and simple. Such comfort and beauty of being able to simply sit outside and admire the hummingbirds buzzing around the flower trees outside my patio. I’m planning on bringing my mother back with me in a few months to celebrate her birthday and I cannot wait until she gets to experience the same that I did. Thank you Sam and Becky for loving what you do, this is what every business should be!

Stayed: August 2018
rebeccabhiggins, Owner at Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Good Morning Alanna,
One of the things that I love to hear is that my guest recieved the relaxing getaway that they needed at our B&B. I feel like that is what we are here for. I have had many comments about the little hummingbirds around the flowers and feeder and it is fun to watch them. I do the same myself as I have a cup of coffee on the front porch each morning if I have time before preparing breakfast. I am thrilled that your had a good time and that you enjoyed breakfast and visiting with the other guests. I cannot wait to meet your mother and have you back for another stay and we absolutely do love what we do. Thank you for that wonderful review.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

My husband and I just got back from a stay at Chuckwagon Inn. We have stayed here over many years about 7 times now. The owners (Sam and Becky) are always accommodating and sweet, always making sure our stay is comfortable...which brings me to the bed...and bedding!! The beds are so comfortable and I love that they are king size! the linens are so soft and cool, never hot on a hot summer day/night and the AC worked wonderfully!! We stayed in the Mustang Bunkhouse for the first time and it is so cute how they have it painted and decorated!! I have stayed in all of the rooms now except the stand alone cottage. They are all decorated differently and all so cozy and comfortable. Breakfast...Oh my! Well they know how to do breakfast. Always delicious and homemade. No breakfast vouchers or pastries for breakfast here!! I love sitting with and meeting all the guests staying at the Inn. I truly love staying at this B&B and you will too!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
rebeccabhiggins, Owner at Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

It is always such a joy when you and your husband return for another visit. A fond memory was one of your eariler visits with family members over the 4th of July when you joined our children and grands for the fireworks display, sitting on lawn chairs in the front yard. We had so much fun then and it still is when you visit us. Really enjoyed catching up at breakfast. I am glad you booked The Mustang for the first time because it has recently been updated and pleased that you loved the new linens. Thank you for telling others that you love staying at the Chuckwagon Inn and Sam and I are looking forword to your next visit. Would love to have your family menbers come also. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

My husband and another close couple stayed at the Chuckwagon Inn for a fun weekend in Fredricksburg. I cannot brag enough about the hospitality and welcoming we received from Sam and Becky. I will be back and will be bringing others to experience this Texas Hill Country Secret!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
rebeccabhiggins, Owner at Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

You folks really did have a great time in our charming little town and there was a lot of laughter around the breakfast table. What we enjoy most about running a B&B is being a part of our guests fun experience. Thank you for the kind words about our hospitality and for the excellent review. We are looking foreword to having you and your friends back for another visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

This was our first B&B experience and it could not have been any better. Becky and Sam were amazing hosts. The breakfast each morning was incredible and could not have met any nicer people. The Bollinger cabin was very comfortable and has a lot of history you can learn about inside. We will be returning to Fredericksburg and no question Chuckwagon Inn will be where we stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased that your first experience at a B&B was at the Chuckwagon Inn and that it was a good one. Thank you for the wonderful complements about breakfast and the Bollinger cabin and that you enjoyed the history. It was constructed in 1850 in San Saba, TX and we put it back together in 2001. It was a labor of love and has been a great addition to our B&B. Thanks also for the excellent review and for recommending us on TripAdvisor. Our two pups, Paco and Lily said they would love to try a Pupsicle.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We celebrated our 40th anniversary this past weekend at Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast. This was our first time to stay in a bed & breakfast, and it was wonderful! Sam and Becky are such delightful hosts, and the full breakfasts are delicious and different each morning. Sam's breakfast pizza is wonderful and his biscuits are as good as they look in that picture. Becky's home made peach syrup was outstanding over coffee cake. Breakfasts always include eggs and sausage, ham or bacon all served around their dining room table. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting with Sam, Becky and the rest of the guests. It was a fun start to our day.

The Bollinger Cabin was perfect, and we loved sitting in the porch swing and watching the hummingbirds and the sunset. If you're going to be in Fredricksburg, this is the place to stay. It's the #1 B&B in Fredricksburg for a reason. We will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with either guest house.
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
rebeccabhiggins, Owner at Chuckwagon Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for the title, great B&B, and you were great guests. You liked everything about us, from the Cabin, sitting on the porch swing chillin out watching the little birds to the breakfasts and that is the best complement we can get. All of my plants attract bees, butterflies and hummingbirds so that our guests can enjoy them. Hope you were able to stop by one of the local stands and pick up some peaches on the way home as they are delicious this time of the year. Thank you for the excellent review and we hope you can come back soon.