“Relaxing hill country retreat”
Review of Cabins at Red Rock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabins at Red Rock
Texas
“Relaxing hill country retreat”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The cabins are something special. Small intimate but full of everything you need from neccesities and a little love an thought.
Deer and longhorns roaming everwhere. I enjoyed a nice nap in the water tank out front our cabin.
I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There is no pool but you should bring a bathing suite so you can soak in the water troth...Looks to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Tonkawaya Ranch to celebrate our second anniversary and my birthday over the weekend. The property is great, and the cabins are the perfect way to experience the hill country area around Fredericksburg. The ranch is a quick drive to Fredericksburg, Luckenback, and other surrounding attractions. The breakfast each morning was outstanding, and the Howards are great people. If you're looking for a weekend getaway within Texas, this is the place to go. There is so much to do in the surrounding area and the accomodations at Tonkawaya are hard to beat.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

From the time we arrived, until the time we departed, relaxation at its best! Who needs to go in to town, just bring some snacks, have Becky's breakfast, choose a dinner to grill and you never need to leave. Peaceful, serene and beautiful, but with all the comforts of home. Each cabin is a one of kind and absolutely awesome.

Becky, I don't know what kind of mattress is on the bed in the Hill Country Cabin, but I NEED one! First time I can remember waking up without a back-ache.

Becky and Joe are marvelous; only a few moments away, but only there if you need them. This will not be our last trip to Tonkawaya! Thanks for everything, Becky and Joe!!
Nita & Gary

Room Tip: There are 6 cabins and you can't go wrong choosing any of them.
2 Thank Nitas57
Hewitt, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a fabulous place to stay while enjoying Fredericksburg. My daughter and I try to have a getaway together each year and have stayed in some really nice places but Tonkawaya Ranch B&B is by far the best. It is such a perfect location to stay while visiting Fredericksburg and then being able to get away from all the town activities to such a peaceful and beautiful location. The view from our cabin was breathtaking and the cabin beautifuly decorated with all the amenities of home. Joe and Becky were such a delight to meet and Becky is an unbelievable cook. We certainly plan to visit there again even if it is to just relax and watch the longhorns roam. You will love your stay at Tonkawaya Ranch B&B. Margaret & Georgetta

Room Tip: Could not go wrong on any of the cabins but we loved the Hill Country cabin. There is no pool but t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kingwood, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Everything about this place was amazing. Joe and Becky were warm, welcoming and helpful with suggestions for area activities. Their dog Lil Bit is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met, she had breakfast with us on our porch both mornings! Speaking of the breakfast, the portions were just right and delicious. The stars at night were beautiful while sitting in the tub or by the fire. I was in dire need of some peace and quiet after weeks of stress at home and work and this place remedied my needs perfectly. I wouldn't stay anywhere else while visiting this area!

Bridge City, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Me and my husband rarely get away without our children, but when we went to the ranch we had such a romantic and relaxing time. The City of Fredricksburg offers so much to do and when you want to get away from it all the ranch is just the place to go!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As a professional musician, I stay in hotel rooms more than my own bed, unfortunately I know a thing or two about sub par places and I must say, Tonkawaya Ranch IS NOT ONE. After playing a show in the hill country area I found out about the Tonkawaya Ranch from a friend. They have super clean furnished cabins with cold ac and tv DVDs if you want to kick back on the bed and watch something. (I tend to just relax and rest) The property is secluded with roaming deer and other wildlife yet still only ten minutes from the town of Fredericksburg. The views of the hill country are stellar. My favorite thing about Tonkawaya ranch however is the staff. They are there for your every need but give you complete privacy. You don't have to worry about the staff being nosey. All in all this is now my go to place if I'm in the area. Try out Tonkawaya Ranch you won't be disappointed! Tj Broscoff

• Stayed June 2012