River Road Ranch Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hangar Hotel(Fredericksburg)
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6 Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)
Good 3.5/5
Frederick Motel(Fredericksburg)
Average 3/5
Windcrest Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
View Hotel
Sunset Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)
Econo Lodge(Fredericksburg)
Very Good 4/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2010

My husband and I took an overnight getaway to River Road Ranch Resort this past Memorial Day. When looking for a B&B in Fredericksburg, I ran across this unique resort and couldn't wait to get there after reading many rave reviews. This idyllic ranch is the prefect getaway for a couple or family. What Smitty and his wife have done with this property is amazing. From the time you drive up and park next to the antique carriages, you are transported to another time. The decor is fabulous and the rooms are set in a recreated Western town from the 1800's. The location is great, as it is only a few min. away from downtown. However, while at the ranch you will feel as if you are 100's of miles from any sort of hustle and bustle (which is exactly what we were looking for!) It's the perfect place to unplug. My husband and I stayed at the Feed Mill and were amazed by the spacious room and creature comforts that are so seamlessly built in to the old west setting. To top it off, this is a true working ranch, and you can't help but smile as Boots the dog comes to greet you, or you pass the baby llama on the way in. Smitty was so accommodating, when I couldn't seem to figure out how to turn on the shower, and came to check it out in a jiff.

My hubby and I can't wait to return and are planning to attempt a family trip with nieces and nephews in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2010

There is not much more to say then perfect. I felt welcome from the first second on. All the animals are great and really nice. The owner Smitty is really helpful and kind. And decided to stay a second night. The jacuzzi is great, the Feed Mill which was the little house I staied in is really cute, there are lovely decorations. I will come back, I can't wait until the Silo is finished, that will be a really cool house to sleep in.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Me and my sweetie rolled into Fredericksburg without a plan. Stopped at the First Class B&B Clearinghouse to get the skinny on a place to stay. The woman who helped us suggested the River Road Ranch Resort, as she had stayed there on her wedding night. Well, I am here to tell you that Smitty and his little resort is top-notch!
Fire was roaring as we got there, our Feed Mill themed room was toasty warm with a captivating motif and a relaxing jetted tub.
I walked around the grounds in the a.m., amazing at all the trinkets. Smitty joined us mid-morning for a great hour of his story telling and expertise.
I can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple