“Bnb charm without the lace and doilies”
Review of Cameron Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cameron Inn
Ranked #60 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here for my birthday and had a lovely time. We took advantage of their lower week day rates and snagged a room for $99! Loved the decor, real wood floors and tastefully done updates. The 2 person jacuzzi was top notch and the bed was very soft and luxurious. The 2nd story porch was a nice way to start our day while sipping coffee. Although there is a lot of traffic noise and many big trucks that drive by-probably the only con of this place. But it's a trade off for the excellent location. We did not notice much interior noise but I think we were the only guests since we stayed on a Sunday night. Breakfast was pretty good- there was lots of it too! We took it outside and ate by the pool. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed March 16, 2011

My wife and I did not know much about this B&B prior to staying there, but we are now glad that we chose it. We stayed in the Juliet suite, which does have access to a shared balcony. The breakfast was very good, and ours consisted of a breakfast taco, a big muffin, and grapefruit (I believe there was something else that I am now forgetting). The building itself was remodeled very nicely. Our only complaint for the entire trip was the noise. There was a motorcycle rally in town and the Cameron Inn is right off of a busy street.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the bella room on our wedding night. I chose the cameron inn because it was NOT the typical rustic, kitschy, western style of the hill country. The decor was very stylish but not overdone. The jacuzzi and walk in shower were awesome and the bed huge and comfortable. The breakfasts varied but were good the two mornings we were there. Coffee was good too! Its on a busy street but also in right off main so walking distance to shops and food. I would stay there again and again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Cameron Inn. The room was a nice size and the bathroom was huge! We stayed in the one room that is on the first floor and the bed was comfortable and breakfast that was delivered to the dining room was pretty good! I would not suggest this place for anyone that would like to sleep in. The curtains do not keep out the light very well in the morning and traffic is pretty loud starting around 7:30 am, the house faces a busy street. Maybe the one room in the back of the house on the 2nd floor has less noise? Also, if hearing footsteps bother you a lot, I would not suggest the bottom room. We could hear the couple above us everytime they walked around. But overall it was a good place!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed in the Bella Suite for our anniversary. The room was nicely furnished and the bed is very comfortable. We do not like overly decorated rooms and this one was perfect. We loved the balcony outside as well and sat out there despite the rainy weather. The breakfast was very good as well. Loved the muffins.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PapillonDog
Reviewed September 13, 2009

There must be hundreds of Bed & Breakfasts in Fredericksburg. It's very difficult to weed through all the internet sites, and not many are rated on Trip Advisor. We were so pleased with our stay at the Cameron Inn, I felt it deserved a review. This is a recently remodeled facility associated with Main Street Bed & Breakfast (which itself didn't review well). We stayed in the Mystic, which is the only room on the first floor. The bed and furnishings were wonderfully comfortable. The bathroom was amazingly huge with a two person Jacuzzi and a separate shower (note that one of the rooms only has a hand held shower - read the descriptions carefully). The Inn is on a slightly busy street, and I thought the traffic would keep us up at night, but it dies down during the evening and night - it's not as noisy as Main Street. Hot breakfast every morning was served in the dining room, and it was different each of the 3 mornings we were there. The office staff was wonderfully accommodating... there is no internet service at the Cameron, but they allowed us to use it free at the Main Street facility which is just across the alley. And this is within walking distance of all the Main Street activity. If you like to walk to shop and eat locally, I would highly recommend. If you are looking for peace and quiet, you might want to back away further from Main.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple