“Stinky and expensive!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Stinky and expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I had to stay here because our normal hotel was booked. This motel is supposedly new but it already looks pretty worn - paint chipped on the walls and stains. The worst thing was the pungent body-odor smell in the room. My husband said the bed was hard but the bed seemed clean and okay to me. Other reports say that the staff was rude but they seemed okay to me as we'll. I'll book my other hotel early next time.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dddddo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a very nice stay at this motel 6. Our room was spotless and very comfortable.I always wear socks or something on my feet while in hotels and some places my socks look dirty but this time my socks were still white and clean. I was relieved because I can not stand filthy places.The staff was friendly and the pet area was well maintained.The prices were very reasonable and I have zero complaints about my stay here.I saw alot of other hotels that had nice patios and pools etc but I would prefer to stay somewhere nice and clean and not spend an arm and a leg and put that saved money to better use like shopping or dining on Main St!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We arrived here VERY late at night, after searching and finding no other reasonably priced options in the area. It's obviously a family run place and the staff/owners were super nice on check in and check out. It was a little awkward that I had to ring the bell and (obviously) rouse the owner from bed to check in, but otherwise the rest of the experience was perfect. The place is either very new or recently renovated and it's the first Motel 6 I've seen with flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, granite sink counter-top and marble shower surround. Our room was quiet and the bed was comfortable, which is more than I can say for other Motel 6's and even some other chain hotels we've stayed in. The A/C worked super well and wasn't too loud either. We requested a late check-out (normally 11am, we requested noon) and they were happy to accommodate. I would recommend this Motel 6 to anyone traveling through and needing a great, affordable place to stay for the night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bjsatt0
arlington, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

On June 30, 2012, my son, sister and I had the pleasure of staying at this
particular Motel 6 in Fredericksburg because other reviews indicated that it
was basic but clean and in a good part of town (we only needed one night as a
"day" trip from Arlington, Tx, turned into an overnight stay). I liked it! and would
recommend it to others needing a overnight stay. Management was great, bathrooms updated and clean, beds appeared to be furnished with clean linen. I
slept like a lamb. Had an above tenant with loud music, but Management took care of that. I thought paying $100 per night for a Motel 6 was a bit much but I guess
that's par for cost of hotel rooms these days.

Room Tip: stayed on bottom floor on same side as manager's office. Room with a view. area was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marjoire s
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Having read other reviews on TripAdvisor, we knew our room would be basic. It was clean and basic, but we were pleased to see a microwave and a decent sized mini-fridge. A flat-screen Sanyo TV was mounted on the wall, freeing up space for a long, narrow desk and two chairs. No coffee-maker in the room, though coffee was offered in the lobby the next morning. The small bathroom looked like it'd been recently remodeled which was nice; shampoo packets were offered but no box-tissue. Bring your own Kleenex and earplugs too as the air-conditioner was pretty loud. My husband complained that the wi-fi signal was very weak - good thing we'd brought an air-card. The owner-proprieters were friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We don't usually stay at Motel 6 but we arrived in town during spring break. Many places were booked or so expensive, we just wouldn't consider staying there. We got a very reasonable rate here and were very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness. The couple at the front desk (managers/owners?) could not have been more friendly and helpful. If you don't want a lot of amenities (no breakfast or coffee in the rooms but coffee is in the lobby), this is a great place to stay. Having looked at other motels and rooms, this was by far the best value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KL S
Santander, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Location: The hotel is a 5 minutes drive from town which means that you have to drive to get there. Parking though is not a problem once in town. There is also a Walmart nearby if you want to shop for food.
Room: We stayed in a king room which was nice clean and specious. It had a modern feel which I personally like better that the old fashion look.
Service: The hotel is family run and the service was good.
There was no breakfast, which is kind of a shame, since it means that you have to stop again once you leave the hotel and have breakfast.
Quality price ration: Good quality for a decent price. 7/10